19.- Resolution and confession

A figure appeared, recognized by Sophie, who lowered her weapons when she saw who it was. She knew them perfectly.

"You..." Still frowning angrily, she spotted the white wolf Balto.

"That's right... Here I am, Sophie." The wolf, with a calm and serene face, spread his arms.

"How did you get in here?" The African dog asked doubtfully, still in a state of rage.

Balto shrugged. "I know many things about you, I would know that this place would have a secret exit. Getting in was easy." He sighed after saying it and put his paws in his pockets, lowering his head.

"You dare to come after the damage you did to me? After leaving me, you bastard?!" Sophie raised her weapons again, this time, aiming at the wolf.

"Listen to me... I never wanted to leave you, I just wanted to leave that life of crime and I was hoping to do it together, dear one."

Sophie turned red with fury. "Don't you dare call me 'dear'! After what you did... you're just an idiot!"

Balto took a step forward. "Yes, I'm an idiot... An idiot unable to live without you," he took another step forward, "an idiot who only thinks of living with you," and another step more, "an idiot who... didn't want to let you go. But, Sophie, I want to be your idiot. " Incredible as it may seem, Balto's face didn't seem to change even with those emotional words.

Sophie opened her eyes wide for a moment, not wanting to believe his words, but she started feeling something inside of her body, a positive sensation. "I don't believe you, I don't see sadness or desire, so it's impossible to believe you, Balto. Everything you say sounds very flat, like yet another lie." She was still frowning, mad and not letting her guard down.

The wolf sighed. "I'm not able to show any expression, you know that I wasn't very expressive but, because of being apart, I only find a void inside me, I don't find happiness, I'm lost. Only you kept me on track, Sophie. Only you got my happiness. "

Sophie was incredulous, lowering her weapons. "No... Liar... You aren't talking seriously... You just want revenge against me... To put me in jail." Tears streamed from her eyes, lowering her head.

"Otherwise: I want them to put you in jail so that you have a lesser sentence, it was what we agreed to. So we can be together sooner. Judy, show her."

Judy took out the carrot pen, still holding the gun, and pressed the replay button of the device.

"So, your proposal is that the sentence must be reduced to five years. It's the minimum we can offer. Then it's down to her behavior if she can get out earlier." Judy's voice was recognizable.

"As little as it can be for her, please. If it has to be five years, so be it, but it'll be worth it if I can have her by my side and we can both live together in the end. I don't want anything else."

"We have recorded the confession and the pact made. Enough to have her spend years in jail."

"I'll sound like a sentimental fool whenever you repeat this."

At the end of the recording, Sophie couldn't believe what she was hearing: Balto really cared for her and wanted the best for both of them, he wanted to live with her. She went on her knees, dropping her weapons, a moment that Balto took the opportunity to quickly approach and hug her.

"I always loved you and I will always love you, my little dog."

Sophie hugged the strong wolf and smiled naturally through tears. "You're my sentimental idiot. I didn't think you were still in love with me, I thought..." She breathed heavily through her nose, her eyes full of tears. "I thought I was just one out of many."