14.- Kidnapped and a case bigger than expected

"Those two officers must be found, for some reason they've disappeared without a trace. They probably have been taken as hostages." Bogo talked to the rest of the policemammals using the radio.

"We're reaching the position indicated by Nick's phone, in a moment we'll begin the investigation and search for both." Along with her boss' words, the peaceful bunny held back the inner worrying feeling to show security and confidence.

After a while driving, they reached where Nick's cell phone was. They found it lying there but without scratches or damage of any kind. Seemed that it was just a fall with no major consequences for the device.

"Come on Nick, where are you two?" Judy looked at the sky as if wishing it'd give her an answer to that situation, to that kidnapping of her vulpine companions.

In an unknown building, Vol began to open his eyes slowly and dazed from the blow. He looked around to recognize where they were. Looked a rather dirty, dusty and dilapidated place, clearly abandoned. He wanted to get up from the chair but realized that his paws were tied with those of his fellow fox Nick, who was still unconscious from the chloroform.

Vol spoke in a low voice to his counterpart. "Come on Nick, wake up, we've been kidnapped..."

Nick seemed to respond slowly to the sentence. "What... What happened?" He was still in a sleepy state due to the amount of the chemical he forcefully inhaled.

"I don't know much more, I just remember calling out to you because someone was behind you threateningly and... feeling a blow on my head. Then everything went black and I woke up here."

Nick remembered what happened when he was still up. "I turned to see you and I saw you on the ground. Then someone put a cloth on my snout and... I don't remember anything else." He tried to move his paws but realized they were tied. "Let's see how we get out of this, buddy. This is tricky." He still showed his smile despite the situation.

After a few minutes, a scruffy looking hedgehog with an unfriendly face and frowning appeared at the door, walking threateningly at both hostages, showing bad intentions in his eyes. His body was well-built, with a sleeveless blue shirt and short black pants.

"Seems that some nosy mammals like to snoop into our plans. We'll teach you to not meddle in our affairs anymore." After his words, he punched Vol in the stomach, causing him to cough and writhe in pain.

"What are you going to do to us, rats?" The provocative tone from Nick angered the hedgehog, who punched the fox on the face, who only turned his head from the blow.

"Don't call me a rat! I hate those rodents." He took two steps back. "First, we'll have a bit of fun with you. We'll see what will happen next. I'll only tell you that probably you won't make it out of here alive. Enjoy the little time you have left." As he walked out, he wore an evil smile towards the two of them. Many ideas, and none good, crossed his mind

"Bastard... Don't you think we'll stay here waiting to die." Vol answered, disposed to get out of where they were.

"Do you have any ideas, bluish?" Nick glanced, with a light move of head, at his partner to think something.

The weird vulpine smiled confidently. "It'll be difficult, but we have to work together. Understood, Nick?"

"I think I know what you want to do, I get an idea." The charismatic fox smiled back, acknowledging the plan to execute.

"Let's get on with this then. Move your wrists slightly with me, it will loosen a bit and we can put our paws over the backs of the chairs." He was speaking with knowledge about what they had to do in that situation.