28.- The cases pile up

The voice was recognizable, it was from the medical deer that attended Ryan.

"Hello officer, I wanted to let you know the results of the tests, I've got them right here... It turns out that he has had a long-term eating disorder, he has a lower number of vitamins that, apparently, has been replenishing over time. That blackout has been caused by said disorder, and he's now getting better."

Vol was thoughtful as the doctor spoke. "Thank you very much, doctor, I'll make sure he gets the necessary vitamins."

"I recommend taking a vitamin supplement to replace what was lost and a good diet above all, just as it has been since he began to have a proper diet. In a month we'll do a test to check his levels. By then, come by my consultation with him and we'll check him without any troubles."

The fox nodded. "Understood, doctor. Thanks for the information." He hung up the call and handed the cell phone to Judy. He looked at nothing and was thinking. "Time... Late... For me... For him..."

"Everything alright, Vol?" The rabbit looked at him, confused as she took the phone.

The blue fox woke up from his thoughts by shaking his head. "Oh? Yeah, don't worry... I'm just thinking about... Adrian's case."

"Anything Ryan needs?" Judy worried about the kangaroo, but Vol responded by denying with his head.

"Just good nutrition, in a month he'll be checked again. He says the levels have been going up recently. In other words: Ryan's health is recovering."

"Not bad, in the end it seems you made the right decision." The fellow of his same race showed his smile, to which Vol smiled back.

"I guess... Let me change the subject for a moment because..." He took a piece of paper and started to write something down with a pen that he had on the table. "I have an idea about where Adrian might be."

Judy and Nick got closer curiously to see what the blue fox was doing. He was writing words and drawing something, trying different options with what Mark told him before giving him the paper, writing "Do it for me... and for him...", to which a number related to the riddle appeared next to it: The forty. He already had the number, because of the closeness between the clue and the number itself, but he still lacked another detail, which was the district in which he lived.

"I'm filling it... but I'm missing a slight detail in all this and I can't find it... Let's see... He said: 'It's too late for me... This is Adrian's exact address. Protect him, please. Do it for me... and for him.'."

Nick was thoughtful about the words. "Exact address... Well, technically, the number is exact, so it's a huge possibility... but in which district?"

"Vol, you related 'time' to 'late'." The fox nodded to the rabbit. "There's only one place with a clock, which is the result of those two words together, it's the only link. The place is... Savanna Central... There's a tower with a clock. The only problem is that... maybe the number doesn't exist, it doesn't ring a bell to me."

Vol quickly got to the computers to start the search, putting the number in question into the police search engine. His fingers moved with the speed of a computer expert, achieved after years of hard work. It was clear that he attached great importance to protecting Adrian, since he had amazing agility. He got a result filed by the ZPD and began to read it as he found it.

"'Number 40th of Savanna Central existed as an inhabited building. After the bankruptcy of its last owner, no one wanted to go to that house for unclear reasons. Recently it's an uninhabited place, poor and almost on the outskirts of the district. No recent visitors known, not even outlaws.'." He scratched his head at something that didn't quite add up. "But wait... According to the scheme I formed, it'd have to be related to the clock in Savanna Central, which is in the town center... If it's on the outskirts, you can't see it. Something doesn't fit here." He put his paw to his head.