45.- All out

Colonel Odin Harou presented before his soldiers and his faithful companions in the room. They were all armed and ready, with an upright body position. The Scandinavian wolf reviewed the clothing and weapons of each one in order to have everything ready for an event of the utmost importance.

"Alright." Odin said. "This operation can't go wrong, we've made a lot of efforts to get here and everything has to go according to plan. We'll leave at nightfall for the indicated place. Do not make a single mistake! Do you understand, soldiers?!"

"Sir, yes sir!" All the soldiers present shouted in unison.

"Dismissed for now. When it's time, I'll make the last call. Be ready." With that last speech, Odin retired to his office. What would be the plan he had in mind?

The sun was peeking through the window slits in Judy and Nick's apartment, shining its light on both of their faces, causing them to wake up in a jiffy. Judy was the first to get up and went in the direction of the kitchen for her breakfast, finding on the way that Vol was with his head on the table and pen in paw, where he was preparing his defense. He looked like he was in a deep sleep and she didn't want to wake him up. Instead, she went on her way, smiling after seeing her partner in the dream world. She went to prepare breakfast for the three of them very calmly, without rushing, letting the smells fill the place.

Shortly after her Nick appeared to help her. Obviously, he also looked at the sleeping Vol.

"Have you seen him? It seems that with so much work he has exhausted himself." Nick smiled as he pointed with his thumb.

Judy couldn't hide it and laughed. "Yeah, well, it seems that he's very concerned about that." She sighed. "But hey, we'll have to help him in whatever way we can."

"He worries too much in my opinion, I told him that my lemming friend would help him."

"I don't think he mistrusts you or her, he just..." She looked over at Vol. "I think he has a lot of concern, possibly anxiety, about saving Ryan. But..." She raised her head and looked at Nick with a smile. "I'm sure he'll make it!"

"Ever so optimistic, Carrots, you never change." Nick smiled his way, eyes half closed.

"Why should I? You like me like that, I'm sure." Judy giggled.

"Maybe yes, maybe not." The fox shrugged and he watched Vol go in through the door looking as if he hadn't slept much. "About time, bluey, you were sleeping like a log." He smiled again.

The blue fox put his paw on his head and slowly stroked himself. "Ugh... I fell asleep trying to prepare my defense... and in the worst possible position. My head hurts."

At that moment, Judy gave him a mug. "Take the coffee, I'm sure you'll feel better with this." She said with a smile as Vol grabbed it.

"Thank you, Judy." He took a sip, still not smiling from how badly he slept.

After the conversation, everyone sat down. Vol explained a little about what he'd use to defend himself in the trial before the eyes of both companions and the attention they paid him to make sense of the matter. The blue fox's companions suggested to him which path he should take to be victorious.

As the morning passed by, they prepared to go to the police station to do their shift. Throughout the process, from preparing everything to leaving the apartment and going directly to the ZPD, they kept discussing different topics, not focusing on any one in particular until they arrived. They were met by Clawhauser at the entrance.

"Hey guys!" He said in his happy-go-lucky tone. "How are you?"

Nick stepped forward and answered. "We're fine, but the blue one here, not so much." He pointed his thumb at him.