Coming Home From Tour / Kim Seungmin

Originally Posted: March 19th, 2020 on Instagram
Rewritten: January 9th, 2023 on Instagram

P.O.V Seungmin
Being away from the people you love for an extended period of time was difficult. I loved touring and interacting with stays, but I missed my family, my friends, and my loving girlfriend. Y/N and I had been together since early 2020, and due to the pandemic, this was the first time I had toured or spent a long period of time away from home. We knew that this would be a bridge we would eventually have to cross when we started dating, but that didn't make it any less difficult.

I could barely hold still on the flight home, my leg constantly bouncing up and down and I couldn't find it in me to rest. Y/N didn't know I was coming home already, I had told her we had some schedules in the US after the end of our tour and that we wouldn't be back for another week. But truthfully, I just wanted to surprise her.

"Seungmin, if you don't stop bouncing this plane is going to fall out of the sky!" Minho griped from beside me, already tense from his fear of heights.

I tried to still my shaking body, "Sorry, I just haven't seen Y/N in a really long time and-"

"You miss her. We get it. You've said it every day for three months." Jeongin rolled his eyes at me. I crossed my arms across my chest at his snarky tone and a scowl formed on my face.

Chan chuckled at our childish arguing as he worked on song with Jisung and Changbin, "Leave the kid alone, he's in love. It's endearing." 

Excitement and anticipation rushed through my veins as we arrived at the airport and prepared to go back to the dorms. My plan was to drop off my luggage and head straight to Y/N's. I couldn't help but smile like some love-struck fool at the thought of seeing her, and I was so excited to wrap my arms around her and never let her go.

As soon as I dropped my stuff off and packed a fresh pair of pajamas and clothes, I headed over to Y/N's apartment. I picked up a bouquet of her favorite flowers along with some of her favorite snacks along the way.

It was around 11p.m when I arrived at her apartment and I hoped that I wouldn't wake
Y/N up when I unlocked the door with the spare key she had made me. I tip-toed into the kitchen and put the flowers into a vase and put the snack on the table next to it.

I slipped onto Y/N's room after changing into comfy clothes and my heart melted when I saw her; she was wearing my hoodie while she slept. I carefully slipped under the blanket beside her and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her to me and resting her head against my chest. She stirred in my arms, eyes slowly opening at my sudden presence.

"Minnie?" She croaked, sleep evident in her voice, "is that you?"

I smiled softly, brushing her hair out of her face:

"Yeah cutie, it's me."

Y/N buried her face into my chest, I felt her tears soak through my shirt and her body shook as she cried. I pushed her back far enough that I could wipe the tears from her face.

"Don't cry honey, it's okay. Im here now." I reassured. Her cries subsided into small sniffles.

"Please don't leave again." She mumbled softly.

My heart ached and I hugged her tight:

"Not for a long time baby."

It took a few minutes, but Y/N eventually calmed down and we were able to just enjoy each others company.

"I got you favorite snacks. Would you like to have a movie day tomorrow?"

I hoped that she would say she didn't have plans tomorrow, I did not want to leave her side.

She smiled softly:

"I would love to."

Both of us were starting to drift off to sleep, enveloped in the relaxing warmth of each other.

"Love you Minnie."

I smiled and kissed Y/N's forehead:

"Love you too."