ONE | Self Defense

ARIA'S POV

ARIA'S POV

I pace back and forth in anticipation. Waiting for him to come home, for him to begin pounding on my locked door.

what am I doing with my life

I stop pacing as I hear the car door of his old Honda Accord slam shut. I run to my door to double check the lock. I hear his loud footsteps beginning to come up the stairs and to the end of the hallway where my bedroom door lies. I hitch my breathing in hopes he will walk back to his room.

Maybe he had a good day at work and I have nothing to worry about ...

That thought was short lived as the pounding began on my bedroom door. The door barely standing on its hinges. I watch as the door nob turns slightly as I reach to my side under my hoodie to feel my gun.

I bought the gun a few weeks ago to protect myself from him, I've kept it hidden the last two weeks, but now I think I may need it. I can't continue to be his slave, to serve his every need.

I jump as the door busts down, anger expressed along his face and belt in hand. I brace myself as I know what's coming next.

It didn't use to be like this, growing up he was sweet and gave me everything a little girl could have wanted, but that all changed on my 10th birthday.

~Flashback~ TW

I woke up to the sound of yelling. I got out of bed to see what was going on and the moment I reached the last step of the stairs that's when I saw it. All the shattered beer bottles with he smell of beer in the air I pinched my nose. I looked over to Dad and all I could see was the anger written on his face.

I woke up hoping for a birthday breakfast and a great birthday with my dad and within a matter of 20 minutes that hope was gone.

His anger moved from the smashing of bottles to me. He looked at me with a sadistic smile written on his face. Tears laced my eyes as I backed up the stairs. "Dad what's wrong?" I tried to hide the fear written on my face as he got closer. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LOOK JUST LIKE HER?!" He yelled in my face I could smell the alcohol on him. I didn't understand what he meant and I continued to back up the stairs slowly. He grabbed onto my wrist tightly and I yelled for him to let me go. "Dad you're hurting me please let go!" Tears streamed onto my cheeks. He grabbed me tighter pulling me close to him, whispering into my ear "you wanna cry I'll give you something to cry about" My eyes went wide with fear. He picked up my small body and carried me upstairs and slammed me onto my bed. He began to punch and kick my body as I screamed for him to stop, and that's when it got worse..

He raped me.

After that he was never the same. I layed naked in my bed, sobbing quietly until I heard his car door shut and the car leave the drive way.

Since my 10th birthday the abuse just continued to get worse.

~End Flashback~

"WHY THE HELL WAS THE DOOR LOCKED!" I backed up slowly until my back hit the wall. My arm lightly brushing past the gun under my hoodie. "I told you Aria, you are not allowed to lock your door, now I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson so you'll learn who is in charge here" He whispered into my ear, I could smell the beer coming off of his clothing. He was drunk.

He began to punch and kick me. I began to scream in pain as he kicked my ribs over and over again. I hadn't even healed from his last beating. My breathing became shallow, my vision blurred and that's when I felt him. His hand moving up my thigh and that's when I pulled the trigger.

His lifeless body laid next to me as I tried to wrap my head around what I had just done. The panic began to set in.

What have I done

Im going to go to jail

I just killed someone

And that's when it hit me

Im free

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Lovlies, Thank you so much for reading I really hoped you enjoyed the first chapter!!

Im going to try to update as much as I can.

Have a wonderful day!!

<3 lemonlimonnade