THIRTY FOUR | The Zoo

After this mornings events I decided the zoo would be good for us

I felt it would be good for us to get out of the house and to protect Aria a heavily populated area like the Zoo would be perfect.

"Hurry up you animals!" I yelled as Aria came running down to grab an apple.

"Don't eat too much Princess, I packed lunch for us to eat at the Zoo." I said smiling softly.

God she's softened me so much. I never use to smile this much, let alone smile at all.

She nodded and smiled quickly before pushing the apple into her mouth. She seemed a little off, but I pushed it off as she was nervous and excited for going to the zoo, for what Im assuming is her first time going.

Finally everyone was down here, we pilled all into one of our Black SUVs.

"Everyone ready?" I asked from the driver seat. I decided I would drive today, we still have the usual security in another SUV but I didn't want a driver today.

Everyone nods and a few yes's could be heard but mostly everyone was quiet. Sandro in the passenger seat has pulled up directions for me, I haven't ever driven to the Zoo. The last time any of us had gone was when the twins were still babies.

The drive was quiet up to the Zoo. It was a longer drive than I anticipated, so most everyone was pretty bored.

I looked back through the rear view mirror. Ari seemed anxious or more so scared. I looked over to Sandro giving him a concerning look. Everyone else in the car had was either asleep, Elio and Marcello, or on their phones not paying attention, Luca and Leo, then Ari was sitting there with the same look she had on her face when we picked her up from that police station. Terrified.

Sandro looked back at here, nodding at me confirming I wasn't just being paranoid.

I asked Sandro to take the wheel and keep an i on the road for me. I quickly pulled out my phone to text Ari.

Principessa <3

Me: Princess are you okay? You look scared..

Principessa: oh yeah I'm okay just everything from this morning and my head kinda hurts. But I'm okay I promise.

Me: you sure Ari, you look scared

Principessa: yeah Enzo I'm okay. I love you. Now focus on the road 😝

Enzo: I love you too Princess

I tucked my phone back in my pocket and grabbed the wheel from Sandro.

He looked at me with a questioning look. I nodded letting him know everything was okay. For now. I still think something is on her mind that's bothering her.