FOUR | Secrets

ALESSANDROS POV

ALESSANDROS POV

As Aurelio took Ari up to her room my brothers and I all expressed a look mixed of anger and concern.

Marcello was the first to break the silence "Perché diavolo ha sussultato" ( why the hell did she flinch) He looked to Lorenzo, but Lorenzo was just as concerned and confused as the rest of them. I decided to speak up "anche lei era terrorizzata sull'aereo" (she was terrified on the plane too). "sta nascondendo qualcosa" (she's hiding something) Leo chimed in. Lorenzo pinched the bridge of his nose "Eseguirò un controllo dei precedenti sulla sua storia" ( I will run a background check on her history) Lorenzo walked to his office.

ARIAS POV

ARIAS POV

I held onto Elios hand as he lead me through the long corridors. Each corridor laced with large oak doors, to what I'm assuming are my brothers rooms. It looks like they are in order from age and that's why I'm at the end next to Elio.

Elio led me to a large oak door and opened the door slightly for me. Hinting to me to go into the room. As I stepped in the sweet smell of vanilla filled my nose. The walls were a dark shade of grey, a king bed with dark red sheets in the middle of the room against the wall with a black bedside table next to it. I looked around to see baby pictures of myself with who I assume are my brothers parents and pictures of my brothers and I.

"I'll let you get settled, I'll have a guard bring in your bag from the car" I smiled and nodded slowly looking into Elios eyes. "I'll be right down stairs okay? You're safe here." And with that the door was shut and I was left alone.

I could finally let my guard down. Being in this room with all these pictures has me wondering what was true about my life. My eyes begin to sting with tears as I fall onto the floor. The reality of everything setting in.

I have five brothers

I live in Italy now

Everything I've ever known seems to be a lie

A knock on my door snaps me out of my thoughts. I dry my tears and go to the door to see a guard with my bag. I begin to remove a pair of joggers and a hoodie from my bag as I'm still in blood covered clothes. "I wonder where a bathroom is so I can shower" i mutter to myself. "There is a bathroom through that door" I jumped and turned around to see Lorenzo pointing to a door in front of me. "The door next to your bathroom is your closet as well" I smile slightly "t-thank you Enzo" He looked back at me wide eyed that soon faded into a sweet smile. The door shut as Lorenzo left and I started the shower.

I look into the mirror and I see someone I don't recognize looking back at me. The scars and bruises laced across my whole body. I take a deep breath and wince in pain from my ribs. I step into the shower letting the hot water burn into my skin. Wanting to feel something. Needing to feel something other than abuse.

Do it

Just one more time

It'll help this time

I begin to cry as that voice makes it way into my mind again.

I finish my shower with the voice screaming at me. "Stop it please stop I'll do it" I whisper to myself trying to calm the voices. Now just to find something to use. Maybe I can sneak something from the kitchen later tonight.

I begin to get dressed in my joggers that are two sizes too big and my oversized hoodie until I heard a knock on the door

"Yes?" I call out

It's one of the men from downstairs

One of my brothers

he looks...numb. Like there is no emotion behind his beautiful eyes. "Dinner is in 5 minutes okay?" I nodded and he left. I stick my gun into the back of my pants and bag in to find my way through this maze to the dinning room.

All of my brothers are sat around the table. Lorenzo at the head of the table, to the left of him sat Sandro, the man who was just up in my room, then another man next to him. To the right of Lorenzo was an empty seat and then Elio. Lorenzo motioned for me to come over to the empty seat. I sat down looking at the table. My brothers all shared a concerned look.

Food was served and I sat still waiting for someone to say something.

Sandro looked at my confused "why aren't you eating la mia piccola Stella"(my little star) I looked up at him confused "I-I can eat?" My brothers facial expressions all changed to sadness and anger. Sandro nodded and I began to eat slowly. After a few bites I was full. I felt bad that they made all this food and I couldn't eat it. "Are you done already princepessa?" Lorenzo looked at my plate. I nodded and smiled. He nodded and went back to eating. I sat there quietly waiting for someone to say something.

SLAM

The man who was in my room earlier slammed his plate down. Furious. "perché diavolo non sapeva di poter mangiare" (Why the hell did she not know she couldn't eat). I flinched at his yelling and tears threatened to fall down my cheeks. "Marcello sit down!" Lorenzo scolded and he listened.

So that's his name, Marcello.

"C-can I go up to my room?" I asked in a shaky voice looking only at Lorenzo. "Of course princepessa, I'll come check on you in a minute okay?" I nodded quickly and ran up to my room. Tears actively falling down my face.

__________________________________

Hello lovlies I hope you're all enjoying the boom so far. Thank you so much for reading.

Please make sure to comment and let me know how you're liking the book so far :)

<3 lemonlimonnade