TEN | Funeral

LORENZOS POV

LORENZOS POV

After breakfast Alessandro and I went straight to work. Finding her abuser. I've put off all other work, I've ignored the emails I've received from the French mafia about our peace treaty to become allies. All my attention is on finding who did this to my princess.

About 45 minutes into work Marcello sends us a video.

Weird he never sends us anything but threatening texts.

Family Chat

Marcello:  *video of Ari lifting 225 lbs*

Alessandro: Holy shit

Leonardo: How the hell is my sister stronger than I am?

Me: I gotta see this in person im on my way

Sandro and I got up to leave the office to head to the gym. We ran into Leo on the way.

"That has to weigh at least 100 more than her" Alessandro stated

Leo and I both agreed as we headed in to the gym. There she is lifting more than she was in the video. I think she's lifting 315 lbs now.

200 more lbs than her

I began clapping as I see her lifting no problem. Alessandro and Leonardo just stared wide eyed.

"Why did you guys come here?" Aria asked with confusion written all over her face

Sandro spoke still wide eyed "Marcello sent us a video of you lifting and we had to come see for ourselves. You're fucking incredible "

She laughed rubbing the back of her neck "t-thanks. I spent a lot of the time at the gym back at my old house"

At least she got out of the house and wasn't trapped all the time.

I began writing in my notebook. 8 times now

Then I got a text from Stacy.

Who the fuck is Stacy and then I remember Arias social worker.

"Okay Sandro let's leave them be and go back to work" I said as I shot Ari a sweet smile.

Alessandro and Leonardo followed me out. Both of them a little disappointed we didn't stay. They both shared a glare at me.

"I'll explain when we get back to the office" I explained. They both nodded then Alessandro spoke.

"What do you keep writing in that notebook?" I laughed a little then explained "I'm counting how many times Ari laughs because this morning she said we weren't funny"