THIRTY SIX | drunk

2:23 am

2:23 am

I wiped away the sleep from my eyes as I turned off my alarm. I stretched out of bed, silently convincing myself to get up and shower. I slowly got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom, starting the shower.

I undressed my boxers and stepped into the cold shower.

Everyone's always thought it was weird that I take cold showers, I find it comforting though. Feeling the cold water splash against my skin causing me to shiver ever so slightly. It reminds me that im still here. Like a wake up call. Stepping into this cold shower reminds me Im still here, in this house with the people I love. The day I take a hot shower will be the day I know I lost everything.

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel around my waist. Grabbing a second towel to dry my hair. I dried myself off next, quickly throwing on my clothes and shoes.

I opened my bedroom door carefully and closed it even more carefully to make sure I wouldn't wake anyone up.

I headed downstairs and thats when I saw someone sitting on the kitchen floor. I was confused and moved closer to find out who was sitting on the floor.

Thats when I noticed my 15 year old sister sitting on the kitchen floor with two bottles of alcohol in her hands. To say I was furious was an understatement.

"Aria Valentino what the hell do you think your doing" I said in a very angry tone.

"well I'm drinkingwhatdoesit look like" she said slurring her words together.

"I can see that but why Aria?" I asked in an irritated tone.

God this reminds me of Enzo.

"Well Lion I am sad. I am tired and anxious and angry and sad." She said trying to form complete sentances.

"Bella why didn't you come to one of us?" I asked softly.

"You know everyone keeps asking me that and honestly I don't know why I don't come to you guys. I just don't. It's too hard." She says while she takes another drink.

"Okay no more for you" I said sternly as I took the bottles away.

"Hey give that back" She said as she tried to grab the bottle back. You could see in her face when she tried to move, she wasnt moving very far. 

"Come here" I said softly as I laid her head down on my lap. "Be quiet for a second okay?" I said as I called the head nurse. 

"Hi this is Dr. Valentino I've had a family emergency come up and I'm not able to come in tonight" I said in the most professional tone I could this early in the morning.

"Alright Dr. Valentino no worries, we have two other doctors on call today, I will call one of them in. Hope all is well with your family!" She said sweetly. 

"Alright thank you! I appreciate it!" I said kindly. I hung up the phone and looked back down at my drunk sister. 

"Alright bella let's get you up and to a bathroom and once you sober up we can talk okay?" I said quietly as I helped her up. Little does she now that I am actually taking her to Enzos room.