Chapter 3

The weekend is finally upon us the wind is blowing the sun is bright and I passed my first test in latin that following Friday and not to mention its September time for orange yellowish leaves and arbor day, also the closing of all the pools in the U.S. but hey it cant be all that bad right. Its just water, Then comes monday the silent killer to all that is fun and enjoyable. As I walk through the school to my locker which is located on the bottom level of the school I'm thinking to myself only one more year of this shit just one more. I make my way to my newly designated class which is entitled AFJROTC Class 1505 I'm thinking really the air force but there was nothing else I could do about it I was stuck for the next 4 semesters two of which would come senior year but like the man My sweet single mother raised I sucked it up and moved on. I walk into class and once again sat in the back this time I was until aware that me and "symone" would share two of the same classes I did not see her at first I was to blinded by the box hair cutts and by the kids who actually took this class seriuos it was crazy there was this one asain kid who looked like he could bench press at least 300 no problem and this one skinny white kid who obviously been in this class all 4 years of high school. Then there was me the new kid who was in the back full face of hair and a full head of hair....then as they are Calling names they do this little motion followed by a phrase "hoorahh sir" good thing my name was last cause I watched and learned said movements and phrase and when it finally came to me it was like I was one of them no one suspected anything I pulled it off so clean and smooth I amazed my self. That is until the teacher came out and called me out had me stand up and everything "what's your name son" he asked in a happily tone "Roland sir" I replied in a nervous yet ready tone. He kinda smiled and asked "well roland do you have a date to homecoming which was next month" then. I replied with a "no sir" he said "well ya know homecoming is next month" I said "I am very aware of that sir and I will jump right on it" he said "That's what I like to hear, now sit down" as I'm in the motion of sitting down I look ahead of me and see the same big brown eyes that made eye contact with me on friday. Once again near the door for an emergency near the tissue for sickness near the handsanitizer to prevent the sickness and two seats behind her. But the only difference was there was an empty seat one directly behind her and like any other guy who saw an attractive women I switched seats I know she felt the chair move but did not say anything so I find a reason to talk to her but I just hit her with the old fashioned "did we have homework in Mrs. Hills class" knowing damn well we didn't she said "I'm pretty sure we didnt". Then I say "oh ok...symone right" knowing damn well I Remembered her name but I did not wanna sound like a lame or anything. And at the time my new york accent was thick and strong I'm suprised she understood a word I said. At the end of class each day we got what you would call flight time 15 minutes to talk and we got information about upcoming events. Like the social we had coming up, while me and symone is talking and getting to know each other she looked at the board and said "Are you gonna go" I look at the board and said "only if your going" she cracked a little smile and thats when iknew or at least I thought yea She's mine...