Chapter 11

I never really had stuff growing up ya know my mom was single living off of welfare and we usually got toys and clothes from the salvation army. I basically relied on other people to feed me and dress me growing up. Once I moved down gere around 12 or 13 I learned about life answer being nice to those who had a worser life or those who did not have what they wanted, once symone told me about her past I felt more connected to her. Not saying that I felt the same pain she did but I felt more connected to her, we both moved to Atlanta to escape our past and better our future. And that desperate look in her eyes that was real I was not just imagining things that was real. She said that her year long relationship with Terrance had not been all the hype that it was suppose to be, she said that he would lie to her and treat her bad. She said on her birthday that he took her out for her birthday but she had to pay her own ticket and what not. If somebody takes you out aren't you suppose to pay for everything like she theoretically wasn't suppose to waste a dime. And then I Remember that smart comment she made about my girl, was she mad cause she had to basically buy everything and other girls got the luxury of their boyfriends buying them stuff. Naw maybe it was something else, but that pain in her eyes was real as can be, she told me that she tried to end her own life span because of an incident that happened and her being in this relationship wasn't making it any better. For the first time in my life I felt somebody else's pain and I hated this feeling I, it was then that I decieded to always be there for symone no matter what. December comes around it was the last month in the semester the last time me and symone would have class together it both exciting and sad but I knew me and symone had an unbreakable bond. Rotc had this thing called a drill competition where all rotc schools would participate in and this would also be the day I meet symones mother. She was a nice sweet lady and she seemed to take an instant liking to me it was crazy cause I could only Imagine what symone might have told her. She motioned me to come sit down next to her and she talked to me as if iwas one of her own she asked me about college and what I wanted to be in life. The more I told her the bigger her smile got and she was so fond of me it was ridiculous, by the end of the day she had already made it clear that I was apart of the family. As the semester comes to an end I start to really get more attached to symone and her family, and when the semester finally ends I start to think wow this has been a crazy 5 months. As we said goodbye to 2013 little did we know 2014 would more uncovered secrets new beginnings and old friends. January 6th we return back to school and its the same shit as it was before same people same teachers one or two new people but the same me and symone. Over the break symone and her family took me to church, ya know the house of god. And it was crazy because the last time ive been to church was when I was 10. I had a cool 6 year streak going, church wasnt all that bad some of the stuff I understood what the pastor was saying others not really. But overall it was pretty good and I would pop up here and there to go to church with them every now or so. But back to school me and symone still had the connection ya know she was still dating the one dude but that would be sure to change soon.