Chapter 6

Homecoming the time we had been waiting for all the freshman sophomore and juniors had been waiting on this for the past two months. Now it was time to what dunwoody was really about. As I purchase my ticket I wait For my date to arrive and like all black females she was running late due to an excess of make up or her hair wasn't right. I go back into the gym where I am greeted by one of My soon to be bestfriends isaiah he and his date Brittany are at the punch bowl so I talk to isaiah later that night and we converse and I finally see my date arrive and she looks beautiful in this black dress with fish net pattern stockings on I compliment her on her looks and hair she blushes and gives me thank you followed by a compliment about the suit I am wearing, I ask her if she wants to dance and she says yes so we make our way over to the dance floor and we stand there dancing to the songs carefully selected by our student body and reviewed by our principal. I don't know if she notices but I can clearly see her staring at me from the corner of my eye I ask her "why the stares" she immediately follows that with a "what grade are you in, and how old are you" I laugh and say "11,16" she then replies with a " so your 11 in the 16th grade, how does that even work" a sense of humor I think to myself I cant help but laugh at her absurd comment she still stares at me as if I Not human so I lean over and kiss her cheek the expression on her face changes her eyes got bigger she smiles from ear to ear and leads me over to the bench and sits down and starts kiss on me I stop her for a moment and ask "so what are we" she said "I dunno you tell me" and we both smile. Homecoming is over and I walk outside with her laughing and talking little did. I know that these laughs would only last for so long.....