XIV: Reconciliation and Revisitation

CHAPTER FOURTEENGenevieve

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Genevieve

DUSTIN, ROBIN AND ERICA had managed to bring us to some mini truck. Steve and I were sitting in the back, while Dustin drove it. I couldn't believe a thirteen year old was driving this thing. I mean, I hoped it was easier than a car. Then again, the kid was a genius, wasn't he? I'm sure this thing was nothing to him!

"Hey Genevieve do you still get travel sick," Steve laughed.

"No," I replied, laughing. "How bad would that be if I barfed all over you. Bleugh. All over your uniform!"

"I'd do this," he scooped the imaginary sick off him and wiped it down my arms and cheeks. I laughed harder.

"What is going on with them?" Robin questioned.

"They sound drunk," Dustin replied.

"I feel great," Steve said confidently. "Don't you, Gen?"

"Oh yeah," I nodded.

"Dustin, watch out!" Erica shouted.

We crashed into something, which made me fly forward, along with Steve. I banged my head, which hurt A LOT.

"He needs driving lessons," I said, rubbing my head. Steve patted it.

"You guys alright back there?" Dustin questioned.

"You're a terrible driver, Henderson," Steve shouted.

"Yep, they're fine."

Dustin, Erica and Robin jumped out of the vehicle. I looked over at Steve who shrugged. They then opened the back doors. I smiled at them.

"Thank goodness. I thought you guys were leaving us!" I said cheerfully.

"Come on, let's go," Robin said, offering her hand out to me. I looked at it. She pulled me out.

"Woah," I said, giggling. "That was quick."

We headed back into the elevator. I looked around it again, feeling a lot different than I did the last time I was in it. I stood beside Robin, who was looking at Steve. He was on a wheeled hand kart.

"Since when did we get surfboards?" I chuckled. "Steve, that's so cool! I haven't been to the beach in forever."

"It's so fun," he said, beaming at me. I walked over and reached out my hand. He grabbed it.