XV: The Battle of Starcourt

CHAPTER FIFTEENGenevieve

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Genevieve

(Hold tight, this is a long chapter <3)

EL CONTINUED TO SCREAM AS THE foreign body in her leg continued to wriggle and thrive with more energy. Everyone was frantically looking at one another, each person as clueless as the other. Mike looked desperate, which only broke my heart more. To make matters worse, El's leg began bubbling.

"We need to get that the hell out of her leg!" I shouted.

"What is it?" Erica asked.

"I don't know," I said, panicking.

"Keep her talking!" Shouted Jonathan, who ran in the other direction. I looked to see where he was going.

"Whatever you're planning, hurry up!" I shouted towards him. El was beginning to close her eyes. Mike was trying to keep her awake. All I knew was that if we didn't get this thing out of her leg, she could lose it.

"Let's get her on this side," Mike gestured. Robin and Steve helped move her. There were tears in El's eyes. I frowned. I looked over to see what Jonathan was doing. I could see he was heating a knife over a grill.

"Ow!" El yelled. The pain was getting worse.

"Jesus. I can't stand around like this!" I shouted. I ran over to my bag and lifted the first aid kit out, but there were no other painkillers or thick bandages left. I remembered the larger first aid kit left in the back room of Scoop's Ahoy. If Jonathan was going to stick a large knife into El's leg to get out whatever was crawling inside of it, she was going to need a thick bandage and painkillers. I threw my bag down and headed over again. Jonathan was back.

"I'm going to get something to help with the pain," I said to Robin and Steve, taking the keys out of Robin's pocket. "I'll be right back."

When I ran off, Steve followed immediately, calling my name out as he did. I continued to run as fast as I could towards Scoop's Ahoy, adamant to get to the supplies for El. I remember back when Leela, Barb and I went to camping for summer, Leela had sliced her leg open, and I had to run all the way back to our dorm to get stitches for the incident. I'm sure she still has the scar now. She did when she left Hawkins, and those type of things do not fade. El's injury reminded me of Leela's so much. All I knew was that I needed to help her. 

"Genevieve!" Steve said when we finally got to Scoop's Ahoy. I opened the door and ran through.

"Steve, I'm busy here and I'm fine!" I replied. "I'm not the one with a monster crawling inside of my leg!"