XXV: Back and Forward

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE Genevieve

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
Genevieve

It took us around ten minutes to get to Reefer Rick's house from Family Video. I didn't know what to expect from Eddie Munson, but I hoped he was okay. After knocking on the door and receiving no answer, we headed into the garage, which looked like some type of scene from a horror movie. It was dark, cold and smelled lightly of mould, and I couldn't wait until we were out of there. Within the next moment, Steve had lifted an ore and had started to hit the tarp that was covering what looked like a boat.

"What are you doing?" Dustin whispered angrily. "What are you doing?"

"He might be in here," Steve replied.

"Oh my god," I muttered. Steve spun his head around.

"Something you want to share?" He asked.

"You're being ridiculous," I told him. "You're hitting that tarp with extreme force. What if he's there and you knock him out? That will do us no favours."

"Just be quiet," he snapped back. "I know that's difficult for you."

I glared at him. "Don't think I won't hit you with that ore."

"Well that's not very little miss pacifist of you."

"Just shut up, the pair of you," Dustin sighed. "Take the tarp off, Steve."

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off," Steve replied.

I shook my head, looking around. I go over to where Robin is standing. "Looks like someone has been here."

"Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran," Robin added.

"Don't worry, Steve will get him with his ore," Dustin said. I chuckled. Steve gave me a glare.

"I know you think you're being funny Henderson, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight..."

Steve's sentence was cut off when a figure jumped up from under something. I screamed, pulling Dustin and Max away from the figure who had grabbed Steve. My heart was in my mouth. Dustin edged forward, but not too close.

"Eddie! Eddie! It's me, Dustin!" He shouted, attempting to calm him down. "This is Steve. He's not going to hurt you, right, Steve?"

"Right, yeah," Steve said, attempting to remain calm. My composure was also wavering.

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin suggested, trying to calm the situation. I stayed silent, knowing that it wouldn't be smart to speak now. Steve dropped the ore, but Eddie only held the smashed bottle closer to Steve's neck, which only made my heart drop more.