first

"Finally caught you!"

Lucien is quickly dragged across the cafeteria by none other than Cater. Although he was led into a corner of the room with two empty seats, the spot is cozy and comfortable. Maybe the other person wanted someone to accompany him, so Lucien quickly sat with no qualms.

"Wait for me, 'kay?" Cater said as he hastily took his leave. "Do. Not. Leave. I dare you."

Lucien obeyed. He sat unmoving as he remembers the way he cried and held into his pretty seatmate's presence back inside the classroom. Lucien cringed at the memory and regretted his hasty decisions. "Why did I cry over the fact that there is no surprise birthday party? It's just a petty yearly occurrence. I'm so immature. I need to grow up."

Lucien sighed as his stomach grumbled out of hunger. Earlier, he has no appetite to even look at food but now he wants to binge eat. He craves something spicy at the moment.

Lucien expected a heavy meal brought by Cater but to his surprise, he is now facing a whole cake. As Lucien looked up, he saw Cater smiling brightly at him. "Happy birthday, Valentine"

Lucien is overwhelmed but cannot help but notice that Cater called him Valentine; either way, he'll push that aside for now.

Lucien held the fork tightly, sniffing, "Cay-d....... are you a guardian sent by the gods?"

Lucien hiccupped as he took a spoonful of cake into his mouth, his tears rolling down as he chew. "It's carrot cake, but I don't really like cakes. I'm sorry." He said while his mouth was still full. He silently sobbed as he continues to devour almost a quarter of the carrot cake as he appreciates Cater's efforts.

"It's too sweet." Lucien quietly weeps. Cater's sweat dropped as he wonders which one does Lucien pertains to being sweet.

As Cater simpered, he pulled the plate of cake towards him, "Lily, don't force yourself to eat this if you don't like it. A'ight?"

"Wha- who's Lily?" Lucien yelped confused.

"You." Cater said as he smiled nonchalantly yet he can't help but laugh sheepishly, "I guess we both don't like sweets, eh? What do we do about this~?" he said as he pointed out the cake. "Oh! I know- you can distribute it to your friends! For real, I'm all chill about giving this away. D'worry."

"Ah-" Lucien unconsciously licked his lips, "that will be hard. But, all right.... I will distribute it to my friends." he hesitantly pursed his lips.

"OH, Shucks! You forgot to make a wish-" "No-no-no- I already did."

Cater suddenly whined as he sighed, "Aww, I hope Trey is here!"

"Sorry, who?" Lucien politely asked.

"A dorm mate! His signature spell is lit! Tho I don't think I should tell you about it." Cater then rested his face on his palm.

"It's alright, I understand." Lucien hummed as he directed his gaze to the cake. "Shall I get going? I still need to give away portions of cake."

"Hold up! I have a gift for you-" Cater said as he rummage through his pockets, looking for something. As he found this particular object he is looking for, his face slightly lit up as he held high his tiny, cute gift. "Ta-dah! It's a lucky charm! From yours truly. Wait- let's take a selfie!"

For the first time today, Lucien smiled brightly. "Cater, I will always remember this," he said as he left with the big piece of cake. "Thank you."

---

Cater Diamond is very well-versed when it comes to social media, he's very good at memorizing pieces of information about other people. Cater can very well remember that Lucien's birthday is the fourth of September but the thing is he forgot that it's the fourth of September already. He only realized it when he checked the time whilst he head to the cafeteria. Luckily he saw Lucien just about to enter the cafeteria. Time should not be wasted that's why Cater dragged Lucien with no hesitation. Cater is surprised because of Lucien's unusual behavior; he was eating a cake while crying, thanking him, and telling him that he does not like cakes. Although he did things on impulse, he did not regret especially when he saw his Valentine smile brightly.

Today, he learned new things about his new friend.