kingsley

"Lead me, lord, I'm seeing ghosts..." Lucien mutters as he walks through the messy hallways of the old Ramshackle dormitory. "He killed me. He killed me. It's Idia's fault. Him and his bloody games." Lucien's knees were slightly shaking as he started to recite all types of prayer he knows of. Lucien is aware of the existence of spiritual beings but this is his first time encountering the real deal. Act like I didn't notice. I noticed nothing. I know nothing. 

The day is only starting yet he is already struggling. What about later?

Lucien crossed paths with his cats on his way to the dormitory. He grumbled as he carries the heavy weight of both felines still remembering their betrayal. No matter, he can just shrug it off with a warm cuddle session. 

As Lucien's mood went progressively positive it drastically went down again as he heard a familiar voice.

"Where were you yesterday?" This sentence felt like deja vu especially since it came from Vil Schoenheit. "Hmp, whatever. I deem your excuses unnecessary. Now that we're at it let me introduce to you: Rook Hunt. Rook, this is my companion, Lucien."

Lucien faced the back and he saw one unfamiliar face.

“Enchanté, je m’appelle Rook Hunt.” Rook playfully smiled as he squinted his eyes all over Lucien. 

"Uh.. w-wha? M-merci, monsieur?" Lucien blabbered a little taken aback. “Je ne parle pas français. Je ne parle pas français! Please speak b-body language instead-"

Rook Hunt cleared his throat before he spoke again as he grin mischievously, "Which exact body language do you mean?" 

"Non, m-merci." Lucien chuckled from embarrassment. 

"Now, now. Rook, you should head back to whichever way you came from." Vil said in a nagging manner.  

"It was great meeting you, monsieur. Adieu." Rook Hunt was waving his hand as he walks away a little disinterested.

Made up his mind, Lucien was about to walk away too. Batman was long gone and King can be found rubbing himself on Vil Shoenheit's legs. "Meowww~" 

Lucien felt himself flinch as he watches his cat talking to some other person. King did not even act like this in front of Leona-senpai.

"Hahahaha.." Lucien nervously laughed. "Won't you look at that? C-come here, Loki." 

"Loki? He said his name is Kingsley." Vil said in doubt as he picked up the Siamese cat. "You even have a better taste than your owner? Huh, that's strange. I thought pets are not allowed."

"We're not going to talk about that.." Lucien talked in a low voice. 

"W-wait! You can understand what he's saying?" Lucien said in a bemused manner. 

"Hmm, well not exactly, I can understand some of it. It's not my field of expertise. What a cute little Kingsley." Vil said the last part while petting 'Kingsley.' "Who's a good little kitty?"

"I'm glad you seem fond of him... I thought you were going to hate him..." Lucien sighed in a relieved manner.

"How could I do such a thing? How did I give such an impression? I wonder what kind of person I am in your perspective." Vil scoffed- a little offended.

"Non, non, non! Calm down Jamal- I- I never thought badly of you!" Lucien said in a state of panic.

In the midst of this, a soft chuckle resounded from Vil. "What's with the French? You sound like Rook."

"Y-yeah. Sorry about that." Lucien said with a smile.

With a smile!

What is this development? The author never planned any of this.