tournament

When Lucien Valentin was informed about the interdorm Magical Shift Tournament he was not enthusiastic about it. Lucien was in the starting lineup.  He passed the Pomefiore tryouts for some reason. There is a rule in Night Raven College that in the interdorm Magical Shift Tournament, the team lineup must include a minimum of three first-years to promote equality. ?. Let's not question what's going on inside the headmaster's brain. 

Tomorrow is the most awaited event but Lucien is doing something else rather than taking a good night's sleep.

"Senpai, if I get into the top ten rankings you must reward me! Mimi said. Senpai could see the playfulness in Mimi's eyes and decided to say the words she wanted to hear. What reward do you have in mind? Senpai asked. Then how about a kiss? Mimi exclaimed." Lucien read the novel softly, eating all the "dog blood" (Chinese slang).

And after a few more chapters... they get into a conflict, solve it, get laid, get married, have children, the end.

"I should have gone to sleep," Lucien lay down on his bed in disappointment and snuggled into his comfortable quilt.

---

It's the twenty-fifth of October, "Ehem, ehem! Welcome, ladies and gents, to the Night Raven College IN-TER-DORM SPELL-DRIVEEEE TOURNAMENT! Now let's end the time of waiting for the players will be entering the stadium momentarily!" 

Cheers erupted from the crowd which consisted of people from various places. Of course, among the crowd was the Valentin family, they made time for this event. "First up are last year's champions! Give it up for Octavinelle!"

Lucien was lined up with his teammates, on his left was Vil who had just finished touching up his make-up, and Rook who was suspiciously quiet and out of character. Rook seemed to be looking around the crowd...

Weighing his choices, Lucien texted his brothers to meet him outside the stadium to go on a walk and look at some stalls.

The fourth game. Good. There's still a lot of time.

"Where do you think you're-" "Brother!" Lumiere's voice was echoing in Lucien's ear until he felt a force coming from the left, hugging him. It did not end there, Lucien was soon engulfed in a hug by three people named Luce, Lite, and Lumiere.

"What's this? Did you get taller again?" Luce was angered by disbelief. "Ah? Who's that?" 

"Ahem, sorry for disrupting this hearty family reunion, please let me excuse myself," of course, before Vil could even make one step away Luce was faster on grabbing him by force.

"Oho, what's this? Tall, pretty, with manners. What are you planning with our Lucien, huh?! I CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOUR BEAUTIFUL EYES, you can't fool me!" Luce scanned Vil from head to toe with one brow lifted. 

"Excuse me, what?" Vil was dumbfounded and could not find the right words to reply. His confusion was drowned in the conversation between the seven people until the Valentins' attention was focused on him, and everything started to become similar to an interrogation.