One - Morgan

I took a few moments in the middle of the runway style stage for this to sink in again. Over and over again on this tour, the crowd left me starstruck by my own fame. Thousands of people screaming song lyrics at me that I'd written in the middle of the night. No matter how long I did this, how many times I climbed on the stage, danced around it, no matter how many albums or awards or streams, nothing made it more real than this.

Staring out at a fully booked Wembley Stadium on the last night of my second tour. 4 years it'd taken me to get here. No one quite understood it. It happened so damn quickly. 2 albums. The first one took off so well and this one just smashed that out of the park too. I wasn't sure if it was the label or the songs or just me. Whatever it was, it was working. So much for that unattainable dream huh?

"Okay Wembley." They roared louder. I didn't even think it was possible but they did. "We are officially at the end of the Daydreamer Tour. That means we have one last chance, just one, to for us to be heard across the city. Can we do that?" Louder still. Even through my earphones. I giggled, rubbing my forehead a little in genuine shock. The music for that final song started and I grinned at the crowd going mental. 6 months of the same reaction to this song. My first single always went down so well.

"Baby, now and then
I think about me now and who I could have been
And then I picture all the perfect that we lived
'Til I cut the strings on your tiny violin, oh woah

My mind's got a m-m-mind of its own right now
And it makes me hate me
I'll explode like a dynamite if I can't decide, baby.

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head and my heart are caught in-between, yeah." Jumping up and down when singing with 80,000 took a little work to get here. Hours in the gym, so much practice. But the energy of this stadium right now was off the charts. The backing singers filled up the walk down to the bottom of the stage with about a million la-la's I'd put in here.

"Tell me yes or no
Asking the heavens, "Should I stay or should I go?"
You held my hand when I had nothing left to hold
And now I'm on a roll, oh
Oh woah

My mind's got a m-m-mind of its own right now
And it makes me hate me
I'll explode like a dynamite if I can't decide, baby.

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head and my heart are caught in-between, yeah

La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la." I reached the top half of the stage, climbing half way up the stairs towards my exit. Last push Morgan. Let's go baby.

"I'm standin' at the crossroads
I cross my heart with X and O's
Which way leads to forever?
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh
God only knows

My head and my heart are torturing me, yeah
Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes, yeah
When angels tell me run, and monsters call it love, oh
My head and my heart
Are caught in-between, yeah

La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la." I turned around at the top of the stairs now, huge 20 foot screens that doubled as my entrance and exit opening slowly. I waved, turning again and stepping into the darkness and down the other set of stairs back stage.

Barely a second after my feet had hit the floor, my mic was taken off me and I was thankfully handed a water bottle, the entire production team applauding me like I was the one who put everything together.

"MORGAN." I turned my head, just as Ava nearly tackled me to the floor.

"Jesus Ava." I hugged her back, burying my face into her neck with a chuckle.

"You're sweaty as hell."

"Yeah kind of happens when I'm jumping and dancing and singing for 2 hours." She pulled herself out of my arms, wiping her hands on her jeans and snarling at me.

"You did great."

"Thank you."

"I got pizza."

"FUCK YES."

"Okay, you're good to go Morgan." I handed my earphones off to the tech guy for the last time and sighed. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just end of tour blues." He chuckled. "Thanks for your help this year. Hope to see you at the next one." He nodded and I gave into Ava dragging me back to the dressing room. It wasn't often she could make shows. I think this tour she'd made 15 or so out of 40. Her work luckily is mostly online so she can travel but it's a lot of stress and I won't let her do it as much as I do. She could, but there wasn't much use. When we were away I was working and usually exceptionally busy so she'd be coming to sit in back rooms anyway.

"You didn't have to drive down V. I am driving back tonight I'd have been home for and rested in time for breakfast at the cafe."

"Well, I had nothing else going on and who doesn't love a free concert."

"Oh, so that's the only reason you came down?"

"Nah. For you obviously."

"Oh yeah definitely," I nodded. "I don't doubt you for even a second."

"Good. What's the problem anyway? Can't your bestie come see your last night?"

"That's not what I said." I rolled my eyes, stepping into the curtained section of the room and changing back into the work out leggings and loose fitting tee I'd done sound check in earlier today. "That pizza smells so good I might actually be having a stroke."

"Hurry up then because I will eat it all."

"You even dare and I'll eat you."

"Pig."

"Cow." I smirked, pulling back the curtain. "Food, pack up and we're on the road."

"I'm driving."

"You suck at driving."

"Well, you're driving my car bitch."

"I'll drive the rental."

"Get fucked. My car or you end up locked in Wembley Stadium forever and I think Noah might actually kill me for losing you."

"Noah wouldn't dare."

"Oh, he would. That's why I came down."

"HA. I knew you didn't come down here for no reason."

"You know he hates rental cars."

"Pathetic." I snickered and grabbed some pizza, sitting back into the sofa and laying my legs over Ava's lap. "He's the most dramatic person I've ever met in my whole entire life."

"Hmm. I beg to differ. You're the most dramatic person."

"I am not dramatic."

"Sure Morgan. Not at all."

"I am not."

"You just threw a strop about being a passenger for a 3 hour drive."

"Because I want to drive!"

"See, dramatic."

"I will eat this whole damn pizza Avalon."

"Don't. I need the energy to drive the princess home." That's it. My pizza, she can shove off.