Thirty Two - Theo

"So, how'd you meet Morgan?" Layla's siblings all stared at me, Morgan's aunt crossed her arms, nestled between her kids protectively. I imagine this was the kind of standoff parents gave potential partners normally. I was kind of shocked as to why Morgan had never mentioned these guys before. She seemed to be in a good place with them, spoke to them well, hugged her auntie. Maybe it was a sore spot. She said she didn't want to tell me about the whole Jake and Uncle Mike thing yet but felt she had to. I guess talking about her family would need an explanation behind who was who. I felt like I was picking it up though.

"The short story is at the Grammy's."

"What's the long story?"

"You guys know Ava?" They nodded.

"Of course we know Ava, how long do you think we've been around for?"

"Well Ava bumped into my best friend in a petrol station after Morgan finished her last tour. They got talking, hit it off but forgot to exchange numbers and it went down in history. They saw each other at the Grammy's and then dragged me and Morgan together." They nodded. "We hung out a load in LA when Ava kind of sauntered off, been friends ever since." Sandra raised an eyebrow.

"Friends."

"Just friends." I nodded. I don't know who I can or can't lie to and the general consensus from Morgan was lie so lie I will.

"Hm. Why'd she bring you here then?"

"Ava's on a shoot and Noah's at an away game, she didn't want to come alone."

"What have you guys been up to?"

"Since we got here? Not much. Face timed my mum and sisters last night."

"Your sisters?" I nodded and the youngest girl looked between her siblings. The front door slammed and we all turned to look at Morgan who buried her hands in her hair, standing still on the doorstep for a few seconds before she let go. I stepped forward but her cousin laid an arm over my chest.

"Give her a second." A car door slammed and she looked up. I could see her eye roll from here and the cousins all muttered curses under their breaths. "Welp, I hope you all enjoyed the peace and quiet."

"It might not be bad, Sarah's not her- nope I was wrong. Seatbelts ladies and gents." What the fuck was going on? Morgan crossed her arms, stepping down the stairs with her head held high. "Do not make direct eye contact right now unless you want to die."

"To die?"

"SHHHH."

"Morgan? What the hell are you doing here?"

"You invited me Sarah. Congratulations by the way. I'd have sent an engagement gift but I didn't even know there was an engagement."

"Well, you should be here and you'd have known."

"Sorry, I was a little busy touring the world. How's the office job by the way? Managed to get to the East Coast this year?" The cousins chuckled quietly. Family drama.

"You're such a bitch Morgan. You think you're better than everyone else?"

"Not in the slightest. Just proud of where I am since no one else in this family seems to be able to be. Hi mum."

"Morgan." Her mother looked her up and down. "Alone again?"

"No, actually, I came with Theo who's coming as the plus one you gave me Sarah. I did RSVP with that plus one as well." The younger girl turned to her mother, scowling and crossing her arms. "If you didn't want me to come Sarah, you shouldn't have invited me."