Seventeen - Morgan

"MORGAN!" We didn't make kick off. It was heart wrenching, driving over the limit to make it here for 1pm after landing at Heathrow at 10am. Staying up after Theo dropped me off back at the hotel had been the best decision me and Ava had ever made. It meant we were exhausted in the airport but the second we boarded and was in the air, we tapped out, getting us straight back onto UK time. Sure, we woke up at what would be 4am but, if we could stay awake until about 9pm we'd have almost entirely beat jetlag which would be a massive win for getting everything back on track.

But right now, I wasn't thinking about sleep. I was thinking about where the hell he shouted me from. Looking around like crazy to find Noah's slapstick hair in the crowd. Families surrounding the other players like they hadn't been there for kick off or last night or the day before that. I needed a Noah hug right now. So bad it was physically hurting.

"NOAH!" I grinned, running down the carpark and straight into his arms. A week was too long. I hate being away from these two. I'd be the same if it was Ava too. Desperate for a hug. Getting back from tour is 2 solid days of us three barely leaving the couch I miss them that much.

"You made it!"

"I missed kick off." My feet landed back on the floor but he kept a tight hold on me. Arms practically swallowing me whole. "I think we broke about 4 speeding laws so if we get tickets your my alibi." He pulled back, cupping my face in both his hands with the brightest smile on his face.

"Shut up, we have something much more pressing."

"What?"

"4 FUCKING GRAMMYS. You musical genius."

"4." I nodded. "Gonna be using them as paper weights."

"Fucking paper weights." He chuckled, pulling me back into his arms and squeezing way too tight. "You dip shit. No chance am I letting you use them as paper weights. I'm gonna flash them off to everyone."

"Oh yeah, just give them a reason to break in!" I coughed as he squeezed me harder. "Alright Tate, you're gonna pop me!" He squeezed tighter. Time for drastic action. "Ava left me alone for 2 days with a total stranger."

"What?" Bingo. I could breathe again. "Where is she? What happened?"

"She's in the car. Didn't want to be a third wheel again." He grabbed my hand, starting to tug me back to the car, clearly pissed off. "It was for a guy though. Wildest sex of her life apparently."

"She fucking left you in LA for a guy? I'm going to kill her."

"Noah, in all fairness she left me with Theo."

"No, that's not an excuse. You met the guy once. Like okay, sure, he wouldn't have a chance to do anything with cameras everywhere but still. I thought you guys were hanging out, early dating or something."

"God no. He's hot and so sweet but you know, no dating." Noah turned around, raising an eyebrow at me. "What did I say?"

"So, you're attracted to him, spent two days with him without Ava so you obviously like him, but you're still on the not dating thing?"

"I never said I was attra-"

"You said he was hot."

"He is."

"So, you find him attractive." I rolled my eyes. "You're so far in denial you don't even know you're own feelings anymore Branners."

"I'm not in denial Tate." I huffed. "I'm not doing this again. I don't date. Me and Theo are friends and friends alone."

"Hmmm." He stared at my face like he was looking for something else. There wasn't. My feelings for Theo ended at friends. I mean, okay, gun to my head, was he the ideal man? Yes. He was exceptionally attractive but not in a way he was full of himself, nor was it perfection. It was a beautiful mix. And he was caring, polite, didn't break boundaries once they were set. I shook my head, breaking the idea from my head and instead filling it with the reminders of why dating was such a bad idea. Noah chuckled.

"What now?"

"Just watching you slowly break your own stupid rules is hilarious." He turned, finding Ava's car in the row of similar looking vehicles.

"I am not-"

"The more you deny it Morgan, the more obvious it is that the tides in your head are turning." I huffed, making him laugh as we reached the car, pulling Ava's door open and making her scream. "YOU FUCKING LEFT HER, IN LA, WITH A TOTAL STRANGER?" Ava snapped her head to me as I climbed into the back seat.

15:58
I hate my friends.
Come rescue me?

"You told him I left you?"

"You did."

"Oh my god Morgan, I left you with a world famous superstar who spent 2 days spoiling you. Stop acting like it was the worst thing in the world." Noah looked back at me.

"Spoiling you?"

"Yep. Took her to see her own fucking exhibit at the Grammy's museum before it opened." He scowled, taking 3 steps to the side and opening the other door, getting in beside me. "Theo Wright bought her food for her entire final 2 days and she didn't complain once."

"I'm fucking sorry? I try to give you my share of the pizza order and you throw a fit, but this guy can buy all your food for 24 hours and it's not a problem?" My phone buzzed and I looked down as Noah went on his rant at Ava about how sex doesn't mean she can just abandon me with some singer.

15:59-
I would, but I'm still out here in sunny
LA. No idea what to do now you've gone
though.
How was your flight?

Ava and Noah burst into laughter as the car started and I was forced to look up midway through responding to Theo.

"What?"

"Nothing." Noah smirked, pulling my legs over his. "Who you texting?"

"None of your business."

"Look at her face. You don't even need to ask who Tate. It's so obviously Mr. Wright."

"Mr. Wright?" I looked between them both as they snickered. "Oh, I get it. Mr 'Right'. Funny." I rolled my eyes and they both started cackling again.

16:00
Flight was fine.
Going to KMS tho so brb.

What?
Why?

I am being harassed by Tate and Ava
Actually. I'm in the back seat.
Thoughts on making V crash the car
and me just diving out the window?

Would not recommend. Probably would hurt a shit
tonne and you might end up with some scars.
Although, scars are pretty hot so
🤷‍♂️

🙄
The least you could do is send a SWAT
team to save me.

You are absolutely right. Gimme 10 mins and I'll
have them bursting through the windows.

Perfect. See! Was it THAT hard?
Oh! FYI, I'm gonna start production
on our little summer anthem when I get home

You just don't stop do you?
You still in London?

Nope. Home.

Wait. How are you going to start it at home?

You're telling me you don't have a

mini studio in your cellar or spareroom? HA.

No wonder you're second best 😝

Oooft. Low blow that one Morgs.
JK.
Facetime me when you've got something 😊