Twenty Four - Theo

"Nothing super interesting to tell really. 9 months of living out of suitcases in hotel rooms and takeout food. That's it." Ava gave me an unimpressed humph, slouching in her seat a little further.

"Something interesting had to have happened Theo."

"You showing up in Germany. That's it. The most exciting thing in 9 months. Tour is pretty boring guys. I don't know what you want me to say."

"Make something up."

"Alright. Barack Obama showed up in Amsterdam high as a kite and told me I should marry his wife when he dies." Jasper nodded.

"Wild."

"I know right?"

"Did you at least have fun?"

"Sure." I heard her bedroom door close and tried to not respond. Truthfully, tour was shite. I don't think I have ever wanted to be anywhere less in my whole life. I couldn't hate more how things got left with me and Morgan and I knew I had next to no chance at fixing it even if I could. Very little had been said about Morgan since I left. Jasper wasn't exactly the most observant of people and the information I'd been getting had come from Ava in passing whilst I was talking to Jas and he was with her. Everything else was coming from papers and online media. Like her suddenly spending 90% of her time in London. But no one seemed concerned about her sudden relocations, or the hair change or anything else that I could just tell wasn't Morgan.

She appeared in the doorway, tatted old sunhat pulled over her new hair oversized jumper and loose jeans, her guitar pulled over one shoulder.

"I'm off." She gave me a wave, lips pressed tightly together. "How was tour?"

"Good. Yeah. Thanks for asking."

"No problem." She turned back to Ava who wandered over slowly, putting her arms loosely around her best friend.

"Need a hand with your stuff?"

"No, it's fine. One bag is nothing." Ava stepped back, still not letting go of her friend.

"What's going on with you two?" I turned my head as Jasper prodded my arm, whispering so quietly I could barely hear him.

"Hm? Oh, nothing. Drifted apart I guess."

"Mhm. Hey babe, I think that birds back."

"The blue bird one?" He nodded quickly and Ava dropped Morgan, dashing to the patio door in the attached dining room behind me.

"Help Morgan with her bag and stop being a douche." Jasper whispered again before getting out of his seat and following his girlfriend outside.

"Bye then V." Morgan rolled her eyes, grabbing something from the fridge. "Tell her I'll try come back before I leave but no guarantees." I stood up from my seat. "Sit back down."

"No." She rolled her eyes and turned away, moving back down the hall. "You not going to talk to me then?"

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes there is."

"No. There isn't."

"Morgan. You know there is." She stormed out the front door, narrowly missing me as she tried to slam it shut, my foot stopping her. "I can keep following you Morgan. We need to talk." She pulled her headphones back over her ears and I swear. This woman's drama was something I missed but damn did I have to remind myself that. I leaned over and pulled them down as she pissed about with her car. "Talk to me."

"Piss off Theo."

"Not happening babe. Keep burning through it though. I'm here, it's all good." She scowled. "If you don't talk about it I will Morgs."