Seven- Morgan

Lord knows where Ava and Jasper vanished off too. Good for her though. She deserves a little bit of fun. God knows Jasper worked his ass off to get her too. All night. That flirting was starting to make me feel sick. It was so sweet, totally up her alley. Not mine. I can't stand sweet talk. If a guy's going to make a move, I'd rather him just do it. Maybe that's the champagne talking though.

It felt weird discussing my whole dating thing with the 2 boys. It's not a conversation I'd avoided in my 2 years in this world. Everyone asked me if I was going home with someone, if I had a partner and whatever else. 'I'm too busy to be dating' was always my response. Pair it with a little laugh and changing the topic smoothly I'd managed to dodge the reasonings to everyone but Noah and Ava. Every time I got talking to someone they thought I'd be well suited to, we went over the same conversation.

I didn't want that to be the answer. I'd love to have someone. It's just hard. I don't have enough time to put into a relationship and I am not a one night stand kind of girl. I was a 'get attached at the first kiss' kind of girl. Besides, I was so much better on my own anyway. I was too busy to be lonely. Too much going on constantly. I mean, not right now. Right now, I didn't have anything because I was still on break from tour. But in - in general.

I'm not exactly built for relationships either. I seem to find ways to mess them up. The last guy I was with tried to put up with my drama but eventually it got too much and it ended whilst I was on tour when he found someone else. For the best. Who'd want to be in a relationship with me anyway? Have you seen some of the girls out here? Fuck me. Give me a few too many shots of tequila and I would.

The lift doors pinged open, Theo holding his hand out for me to go first. I gave him a smile, stepping out onto the floor quietly and digging around in my purse for my key card.

"You really didn't need to walk me up Theo. I'm okay."

"It's fine Morgan. I told Noah I'd make sure you got back safely. Besides, what if some creepy guy is lurking the halls."

"Kind of like you?"

"I am not creepy. I'm escorting the nations sweetheart to her room for the night after getting herself wasted on champagne."

"I am not wasted. Drunk? Yes. Definitely drunk. Tequila gets me wasted. Or Gin. But Gin does not go down well."

"Oh no?"

"No. Me, Noah and Ava went to Spain when we finished college, before I started properly at the label and I was 4 gins deep with my head in the loo as we crawled into bed at midnight." He chuckled. "You know, for someone the media seems to hate, you're really sweet."

"I didn't say anything."

"Not right now. Just in general. Mr. Cold, defensive and whatever else they call you."

"Yeah they like throwing that shit out there don't they?"

"They really do." I nodded. "That you're friendless too." We stood at my door now, furthest away from the lift because the noises creeped me out.

"I'm not. I have Jasper."

"I know." I nodded. "Well, you've got me and Ava now and I'm sure Noah would be happy to call you a friend too if he was here. He'd be trying to get you to talk about the latest footy game."

"You've known those two a while then?"

"Since I started Uni pretty much. Little freshly 18 year old Morgan. Ava was in my halls residence and then I met Noah at the gym. We went out once but it was the most boring date in the world. We spent the whole time laughing and throwing peas around the Wetherspoons." He chuckled. "Seems like forever ago but it's only like 4 years ago."

"What about before them?"

"Hm?"

"Do you have friends from wherever you were before?"

"Leeds." He nodded. "Um. I guess. Not really though. I was a bit of the odd one out up there. Believe it or not, I used to be very quiet."

"I do not believe you."

"I was! Super introverted. I used to write and whatever, post YouTube covers. Someone from school found them when I was 15 and I was shit on until we left. It sucked." His face changed a little. Like he was disappointed. I'd hate to see his face if he knew the whole story. "Anyway. What about you? How did you end up here?"

"I don't know." There he was. Happy Theo was back. I like happy Theo. "I've been singing since I was a kid. Guess I just never stopped. Stayed local for uni, singing in pubs and events writing in the background. Just never stopped. Was found online by someone from the label and the rest is history I guess."

"Pretty basic back story. No one's going to make a movie out of that."

"Oh, I'll get them to spice it up, add in a family death, a dramatic runaway scene. Some club owner telling me I'll never make it."

"There you go! Now we're talking. Let me buy the rights to this now."

"Half a million."

"Bit steep when it's all made up no?" He chuckled, a slight silence falling between us. "I had fun tonight."

"Me too."

"Thanks for being so kind. I really appreciate it. Not everyone in this industry is so open to newbies."

"Oh no, don't worry. I get it. Feels like 2 minutes ago I was doing this alone too. I know it's hard the first few years. Don't worry though, chances are if you're at an event, I will be too. You'll always have me and Jasper hanging around if you need a friendly face."

"You, Mr. Cold, are the sweetest. Here." I opened my phone, handing it to him.

"What?"

"Put your number in. We can text before each show, make sure we're not clashing."

"Oh, shoot yeah. Don't want us showing up in matching dresses."

"Shit. I didn't even think about that," He took my phone, adding his number quickly. "It's fine, if we did ever match, we'd pull it off as intentional. Make a whole thing about it." I took my phone back, texting him with my name quickly so he had it. "That's what friends do right? Wear matching clothes."

"I guess some do."

"Oh well then we're fine." I tapped the key on my door, pushing the door open an inch with a sigh. "Have a good rest of your night Theo. Hopefully the papers aren't as horrible for you tomorrow."

"It's fine. I'm used to it by now." My heart ached for him. They were always so brutal. Slating him and bringing up his ex for everything. He won a fucking Grammy tonight and I bet it'll still cycle around to her being an Oscar award winning actress. It must suck, having your ex thrown in your face like that constantly. No matter what happened. I'd turn cold at that too. I think anyone would. "We should hang out back home. If you're in London I mean. I'd love to see you working behind the scenes. Maybe we could do something together?"

"I would love that." I nodded quickly, setting my head spinning as that last glass of champagne started churning in my stomach. "I'll text you the next time I up there. Might be a month or so though."

"Anytime. Just," He pointed to my phone. "Let me know." I nodded quickly. "Night Morgan."

"Night Theo. Get back safe." I turned around, stepping into the hotel room closing and locking the door immediately before I forgot.

Well. Never in a million years did I see Theo Wright walking me to my hotel room at 1am and asking to work with me. What the fuck was my life now? This is so bizarre.