Fifteen- Morgan

We had been sat in the outdoor seating area of In N Out burger for what felt like forever. The sun had started to set about 40 minutes ago so it was that just before dusk feeling where the sun burn is still keeping you warm and the sky is all sorts of pinks and oranges. Not only had he dragged me to the beach at 5 am and essentially told me I was working too hard, he'd then driven for a solid hour and made us hike to get a stunning view of the Hollywood sign, we stopped for lunch, made our way to Madame Tussauds and laughed at the terrible ones for hours and then taken terrible pictures with the good ones, stars we'd loved to see. Stopped on Rodeo Drive for a little, spotting celebs like we weren't them too and now we were here. Laughing and acting stupid over milkshakes and ice cold fries.

Despite the complete breakdown I knew was coming soon from what Theo had said this morning, it had been a fun day. For once I actually felt calm. Like I didn't have anywhere to be or anything I should be doing instead. It had been a long time since I'd felt that and every time I started to worry, it's like he knew and would ask another stupid question, something we had both been turning to when things got too heavy or we needed a quick change of conversation. I liked it. I'd learned a lot about him I don't think other people would know and that's what a friendship was right? Knowing someone better than everyone else.

I knew today was going to be all over the papers too. We hadn't exactly kept out of sight, I didn't see the point. We didn't have anything to hide. Hiding it felt a little weird anyway, like it was forbidden to be friends with a guy. I didn't hide my friendship with Noah and I was used to people judging on that, I'm sure it would be no different for me and Theo.

I'd been typing up parts of this song throughout the past few days and I'd actually let Theo in on the whole process too which had been interesting to get his opinion. I had the way I thought it should sound in my head and I was dying to get home and get it made up.

"I think I want to dye my hair."

"That's random." He checked the time on his watch and started collecting all of our rubbish together. "What colour?"

"I have no idea. Probably brunette?"

"Why?"

"I don't know. Just something I've always wanted to do but never did."

"Why not?" He climbed out of the seat and I raised my eyebrow as he returned.

"Are you a toddler? There are other questions."

"I know but I want to know why you've never dyed your hair if you wanted to."

"That's a question I don't have the answer to." He nodded and we climbed into the car. "I've had the best day today."

"It's not over yet."

"It's not?"

"Nope." He smiled softly, pulling out and onto the main road again. I'm not sure why I mentioned wanting to change my hair colour. I'm not sure it was important in any way but I wanted to know what he thought on it. I'd probably be asking Noah and Ava the same thing. I'd be sat thinking about it for the next month or so probably just to decide against it but it was still fun to think about.

It wasn't long before Theo pulled into an empty parking lot, turning off the radio and turning to me in his seat.

"I made some calls to make this happen tonight and it's totally not something they'd normally do but they agreed. It might be a lot but I think you're going to love it. I just need you to relax okay? Not overthink it, don't think about it at all."

"A lot how?" His smile grew a little bigger but I didn't receive an answer as he got out the car. I followed, quickly unclipping my belt and fighting to catch up with him as he walked off. "Theo! A lot how?"

"Keep up princess!"

"Don't call me that!" I could see that stupid grin back on his face as I caught up, arm being thrown around my shoulder like he had been doing all day. "Prick."

"Aww, are we back to grumpy?"

"Are we back to- I'll call a cab if you carry on." He laughed, turning an abrupt corner. "Tell me."

"You'll see in a second princess. Don't get your nickers in a twist."

"Why do you keep calling me that?"

"Princess? Dunno, just think it suits you. Why don't you like it?"

"Because it's a pet name."

"You don't like pet names?"

"Not particularly." He nodded slowly. "Please stop using it."

"Fine, but only because I'm sure that's the only time I've heard you say please." Thank God. "Okay, are you ready?"

"I still don't know what I'm getting ready for."

"This." He gestured up at the building. I peered up, only just being able to make out the name across the front.

"The Grammy Museum?"

"Mhm." He stepped forward, knocking on the glass slowly. "No one else is in here so we've got it completely to ourselves. I want to show you around it."

"It' just a museum. We didn't need to whole 1 on 1 thing."

"We didn't but it's a new exhibit I found out they were putting out and I wanted you to see it before we left and it was all online and it'd be a year before you could get back or that you'd miss it."

"That major?"

"Oh yeah. Huge. Life changing." He nodded quickly, turning as the door opened. "Marie?" The woman nodded and he held his hand out, shaking hers quickly before stepping inside. "Thanks for doing this, it means a lot."

"It's not a problem."