Three - Morgan

"Who's idea was it to walk down here?" Ava panted, finishing her water bottle off.

"Mine. You're so dramatic." After spending 2 weeks in our house, I was starting to go a little stir crazy. I'd washed all of my clothes, folded them put them away, read 5 books, reorganized my bookshelf, reorganized my wardrobe, done 2 charity shop runs and moved my room around twice. I did the same thing last time I got home from tour. I guess it took me a while to settle back into not having plans and being able to relax a little. Problem was, I couldn't sit still.

We were getting to the other end of it now, I was slowing back down a little. Being in the same bed every night for 2 weeks must be letting my brain realize it's home. That and Noah pounding on my door at 7am every morning to drag me out for a run with him. The guy had problems. What psychopath is getting up at 7am on a Sunday? Crazy man.

"It's a 25 minute walk V. Are you really that unfit? You should join us for our jogs on a morning."

"Save yourself." My eyes went wide as I pulled on Ava's arm. "Quick, make an excuse. Run away, change your name, get facial reconstruction surgery. Anything. I live in hell so you don't have to."

"Ha fucking ha Morgan. I miss when you were away." I stopped in the middle of the road and he turned to face me. I pouted, sticking my bottom lip out. "Oh no."

"Oh, you've done it now Noah. Look at that." Ava ran a finger over my lip. "Could land a plane on it. BLUB BLUB BLUB." I batted her away, fighting back a laugh before pouting back at Noah.

"You don't want me back?"

"Shut up drama queen. Of course, I'm glad you're back. I miss you more than Ava does when you're away."

"No. That's not true." Noah threw his arm over my shoulder, forcing me into his side and to keep moving.

"You're my best friend."

"No, she's my best friend."

"Guys, guys," I put my arm around both of their waists. "There's plenty Morgan to go around."

"Are you sure? Miss sells out Wembley for 2 nights?"

"Miss double platinum?" My smile grew. "I make the lads listen before each game."

"Oh, I bet they love you for that."

"They don't mind it anymore. If they do, they can't complain. I'm Captain and I get the final say on the matter."

"Oh, look at you throwing titles around like dollar bills."

"Already starting on the American lingo Branners?"

"You betcha." They both laughed. "When I land over there you're gonna hate you didn't decide to come with us."

"To dress up in a suit and be accused of being your secret boyfriend again?" He gagged. "Not a chance. There's enough cameras dotted around as it is. Also do you know how fucking hot LA is? I'd melt."

"It's not even supposed to be that hot whilst we're there."

"35 degrees is fucking roasting."

"It's only 5 more than right now." I rolled my eyes. "I get it though, don't worry. We have to come to your stupid Sportsman of the year shit but you won't come to the Grammy's with me." I was trying not to be pissed about Noah refusing to come out with me. It had struck a nerve honestly but I got why he couldn't come. He didn't have any games whilst we'd be over there but he did have one 24 hours after we'd be landing back. That meant he'd be missing all the pregame prep. The training sessions, the team game night the night before and he'd be jetlagged which could fuck up his game. I got it, it wasn't his fault. I know it wasn't. Didn't mean it didn't suck. And it also didn't mean I couldn't use it against him forever.