Six - Theo

'Come to the after party with us' Stupid, stupid, stupid man. Why did I think having her around me even longer was a good idea in any way, shape or form. When now she's laughing her head off and I can't take my eyes off her. At all.

She's stood here, laughing with Jasper and Ava and I can't even join in because I'm just so caught up in her. It's stupid. This girl has a fucking boyfriend and I'm here wanting to get her out of this place just so I can be the one making her smile instead of fucking Jasper. Is this how everyone feels around her? Like she's the only person that matters in the whole world? There must be a queue a mile long to have a chance with her and I'm suddenly gutted I'm so far back.

"Noah's calling." She smiled, looking at Ava and then her phone before swiping answer on the call. "NOAH!"

"YOU WON! I TOLD YOU YOU'D FUCKING WIN! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!" That smile. That one that crinkles by her eyes. My heart stopped for a second and I snarled, taking a long drink from my bottle. Maybe I needed something harder to deal with this. I was driving myself mad.

"I know!"

"She nearly didn't make it to the stage Noah."

"I saw. Looked like she was daydreaming again."

"No surprises there."

"I'm right here guys." Her forehead crinkled, drinking from her glass and looking between them both a little frustrated. "Daydreaming got me here so carry on and I'll kick you both to the curb and find better friends." They laughed. By the sounds of it, a normal joke amongst them like it was with me and Jasper.

"Funny, Theo tells me the same thing almost daily." As if on cue. Because why the hell would he keep his mouth shut?

"OH! NOAH! This is Jasper." She spun slightly, pulling Jasper into the frame. "He's been chatting up Ava all night."

"He has not." He had. Ava must be fucking oblivious because it was very clear he had been making his moves on her. I snickered at them Jasper trying his best to not look insulted as he decided to go a little harder. Wrapping an arm around her hip and pulling her into him. Morgan raised her eyebrow and giggled before turning on her heal again.

"Anyway! This is Theo." Her boyfriend's mouth fell slack slightly. "He likes my music!"

"Nice to meet you Theo. I'm guessing Jasper's yours?"

"My bitch? Yeah." Okay. Apparently I'd had a little more to drink than I thought. He snickered, Jasper too occupied whispering in Ava's ear to notice what I'd said. "Looks like he's busy tonight though. Don't worry, I'll make sure your girlfriend gets back to her hotel okay." They laughed. Noah and Morgan. A cackling kind of laugh that almost had my blood boiling. What was so fucking funny?

"Did I just hear you say Morgan is Noah's girlfriend?" Ava smirked, turning her head away from Jasper and then laughing a little less harder than the other 2.

"I feel like I've missed something."

"Just a little." Noah nodded. "Listen Branners. I'm gonna go, I've got training in the morning. Text me when you're in your room safe, Ava, you too."

"Piss off spoil sport."

"Don't text me and I'm dragging you out with me and Morgan on our 7am."

"Not a chance in hell." Ava rolled her eyes. "I'd rather die."

"Yeah I can arrange that. Have fun girls, stay safe." I was still on the whole me missing something thing. Were they not together? Did that mean she was single? Fuck did I have a chance?

Morgan put her phone back in her bag, finishing her drink off with a sigh.

"What did I miss?" I looked at her, still breathing heavy from laughing.

"Me and Noah are not a thing."

"Morgan doesn't date."

"You don't date?" Thanks Jasper. I can't work out what's being said right now.

"Nope."

"Why not? Dating's fun! Especially for the girl. Free food, free drinks. What could be better?"

"Um, not relying on a man to buy my food?" She snarked. "It's just complicated in this world you know? I either come into contact with superstars or baristas in the coffee shop closest to the studio. That's it. And there's issues with both of those options."

"What's that?" I managed to speak. Well fucking done Theo.

"Oh. I can do this one," Ava stood up straight, mimicking Morgan's stance and putting on her Yorkshire accent. "With normal people, they expect that constant attention. They need you there and when I can't be because I'm travelling to London once a month, or when I'm touring or doing gigs or whatever, they don't get it. They're always shocked at how hard I work and how busy I am under it all. They don't get me waking up at 3am and needing to get on the keyboard or the guitar and take whatever's in my head down. Drives them mad." She did a pretty good Morgan in all fairness. Morgan just rolled her eyes but you couldn't be mistaken about that smile on her face.

"And what about the superstars? There's loads in here right now." Try setting her up with anyone that's not me Jasper and I'll snap your neck.

"Superstars have too big of an ego." She answered. "Everything has to be about them. And then if we were both touring it'd be difficult with time zones and everything. Then you've got the competition for awards which would make it awkward, no one wants to beat their boyfriend for a BRIT or whatever. It'd damage their ego which would then just cause arguments. Then you've got the whole, I'm still making my name. I don't want to go down in history as so-and-so's girlfriend you know? I work too damn hard to just be an accessory." Every single one of those is a valid point. All reasons I used too and to be honest, it was hard to argue with them when I agreed.

"So, you don't date at all?"

"Nope."

"What if you found someone who wasn't going to be an ass about it all?" She shrugged.

"It's a case by case basis. I wouldn't date straight away anyway. I'd have to really know them. Like as a solid friendship first you know? So, I know they're reliable and not going to stab me in the back the second I'm away on tour." Jasper nodded. "Besides, it sucks. Like the whole relationship thing. A waste of time. Men are good for one thing and one thing alone and I can sort that myself thank you." Ava snickered and Morgan smiled, looking at her empty glass, avoiding all eyes. "I need more alcohol so I can forget I said that."