Five- Morgan

Theo.

Fucking.

Wright.

Cold, moody, so fucking nonchalant. At the Grammy's. Not giving a care in the world. He didn't speak to people. Him and his friend. That's it. It'd only been him that Theo would talk to. Everyone who'd met him said the same. He ended conversations. One word answers that took the conversation nowhere and it was awkward as hell.

So, tell me why this guy locked his phone and had spent the past half an hour asking me about tour? I was literally shaking, trying not to freak out and turn into a crazed fan girl, like I hadn't been listening to his music since he first came out. No. I was playing it cool. Like this was completely normal. Talking to a super star who'd been doing this for close to a decade. And he was sat right next to me at my first Grammy's.

I was so glad I wasn't up against him in any of the categories. I'd have no chance. I mean, I didn't really anyway. But up against Theo? I might start practicing my 'disappointed but happy for him' smile now. I'd lost count of how many shows like this I'd watched now. How many times I'd watched Theo walk up on stage like the pro he is and carry away awards. Listened to his speeches over and over again. Okay. Stop Morgan. Let's not freak out over this. He's just some guy.

Silence fell across the room as the stage lights flickered, the first performance coming on across the room. I'd turned that spot down. Something I never did. But I couldn't help it. I'd never been here before and I didn't want the nerves of attending and performing to ruin the night. Maybe next time I'll feel confident enough to do it. But right now, not even Ava knew it had been offered to me. Her and Noah would go nuts if they found out I turned it down. I was kind of regretting it right now and I know for a fact all I'd get from them was 'we told you so's'.

I was trying to keep calm as they announced his category and called his name. Clapping my hands loudly and grinning for my found friend as he left the table and walked up to the stand.

I was sat at one of the biggest music award ceremonies in the world, watching one of the of the biggest stars, win one of the awards. Sometimes none of this feels real. Like it's some fucked up dream I'm having whilst asleep on some office desk with drool pooling on the back of my hand. I'm pretty sure I'd have to wake up from this soon and go back to reality. Stop daydreaming about a reality that never existed.

That feeling got even more intense as my name was called out. 'Best newcomer'. Ava screamed beside me but honestly, I was 100% sure someone was screaming because there was a fire or something and I was going to die.

"MORGAN." Ava shook my arm and I blinked. "Get up. You fucking won!" No, I didn't. Fuck. Shit, wait no I did. HOLY FUCK. I ACTUALLY WON. My hand covered my mouth as the chair pulled out slightly behind me and I stood up.

I stood at the pedestal, fucking Grammy in hand, speechless. This was a dream. It had to be a fucking dream. This did not feel real.

"Um." I looked around my shoulder at the hosts, no idea what I was supposed to say. "I didn't prepare anything and I don't really know what to say," I looked over at Ava in the crowd, hands pressed firmly together against her lips, pure pride beaming from her that made me instantly relax. "I just want to thank my friends. Avalon and Noah. You guys have done nothing but give me your 100% support and I don't think I will ever be able to put into words just how much you 2 mean to me. Your brutal honest, your push for me to always do better, go harder do more is the catalyst for me being here tonight and I really do owe everything to you both. So, thank you, from the very bottom of my heart."

I practically ran back to my seat, wrapping my arms tight around a crying Ava.

"God you're such a bitch for making me cry Branners." I giggled into her cheek pulling back and sitting down in my seat. I fucking hope Noah's the same. He said he'd record his reaction to all the categories I was in and I could not wait to see him respond to that. I know I'd see Ava's everywhere, along with mine. It was going to be online for weeks.

I didn't hear the next category being called out, or the banter with the hosts. Just sat there staring at the award, turning it slowly in the light to get a proper look at it. I have no idea where I was supposed to put this. I can't just put it on a book shelf. God do I need to make an awards shelf now? Where do I even put that?

"Congratulations Morgan." I turned my head to Theo, a tiny smile on his lips. That was unheard of. Theo Wright didn't smile. "You deserved it." STOP IT RIGHT NOW. Okay, no this is definitely a dream.

"Thank you." I laid my hand gently on his arm for just a second, pulling back and turning the award again, running my finger over my name. "That means a lot from you."

"From me?"

"Well yeah. Theo Wright. A multi award winning superstar telling me, a tiny unknown lass from the middle of nowhere that she deserves a fucking Grammy." He laughed. "I'm like 99% sure I'm dreaming right now."

"Pretty good dream."

"Mmm. Pretty good." I nodded, sitting back in the chair.

"You get used to it. Don't worry. The more you win them, the more natural it feels."

"I don't think this will ever feel natural."

"Well, no, but the first time you sold out a stadium, I bet that didn't either."

"It still doesn't." He laughed again. One of the sweetest laughs I've ever heard and I was shocked that I was honoured to hear this guy do it. "But it's not is it? Getting onstage in front of thousands of people isn't normal."

"Well, no, but that's why we do it right? Because we love it anyway. No matter how weird and abnormal it is."

"I just wanted to make music." I shrugged.

"Oh yeah, me too. The crazy side of it isn't me."

"Really? You always seem so comfortable out there."

"Oh, I'm not. My parents text me after every single interview saying I looked like a maungy cow." I snickered. "You agree don't you?" He smiled, a little shocked as he opened his mouth slightly.

"I mean, you could smile more." He shook his head, chuckling slightly at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine you're not the first person to say it. It's just normally people I've known forever and not 3 hours." Oh, now I felt bad.

"Sorry."

"No. Morgan. It's fine. I agree. I could. I probably should smile more. Don't feel bad."

"You're sure?"

"100%. Don't worry about it." I let my shoulders drop a little as I breathed out heavily. "What are your parents going to say about your big win then?"

"Lord knows. They probably don't even know I'm here." His eyebrow raised. "They didn't think music was a sustainable career." He nodded, chuckling to himself. "Which, you know, sucks to be them because now their daughter is a Grammy winner and they can't even call me their daughter." Keep it light Morgan. Nobody needs the trauma dump babe.