Thirteen- Morgan

5am. He has to be mad. I am not a morning person. In any way, shape or form. And this guy, 3 days after meeting him, was calling me from outside the hotel as I threw my shoes on having turned off all of the alarms I'd set. He'd text me at 11pm last night telling me to be up and ready for 5am. Honestly what kind of stupid even goes for that? Me apparently because now idiotic Morgan was answering her phone and leaving her hotel room without even texting her best friend or asking where the psycho singer is planning to take her. Jake is slapping his head somewhere I swear.

"Hello."

"I thought you were dead."

"Dead from the fucking wake up. Do you know how much I hate mornings?"

"I'm guessing a lot?" The lift pinged and I stepped in, rolling my eyes at the state of my natural waves, chaotically laying wet all over my head. "It'll be worth it."

"Best be." I don't know what it was about spending the whole day with Theo that made me agree to today but I did. I guess I had fun driving around for him. Eating in the rented car on some look out as the city lights turned the sky orange. We ended up staying out until 10 when he eventually drove me back to the hotel. promising me that Jasper had taken Ava back to his hotel room which was miles away from his own.

Ava had indeed text me telling me she wasn't 'physically' dead which grossed me out and sent me on a long winded rant and had Theo cackling at me. I couldn't help it. I mean, I wasn't the most innocent of girls. I guess it just came down to a hint of jealousy. I missed it. Dating, sex, just having fun. I know I was doing this to myself, closing off any options but I stand by it. After last time, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle or the trouble dating brought.

Look at Theo and Veronica. He put her name on the map and she still turned around and did that to him and now it's all the media can talk about. I don't want that. I don't want every article and every interview to come back to them if we break up you know? To be reminded of my mistakes or whatever happens. Also, I don't get short term dating. Because in this world, long term just doesn't even seem plausible. I don't want to get attached for me to then go on tour and it be the end. Because I know I'm too clingy to be gone for 8 months, potentially longer.

No. It sucked but it was better this way. I am better by myself. I've got an arsenal of toys to keep that side of me settled. I don't need a man. I don't need dates or flowers or movie nights. I'm fine. We're fine.

Stepping out of the lift into the hotel lobby, Theo was smiling too brightly. Stupid grin on his face, hair perfectly messy and still a little damp himself. Linen shirt and cream coloured shorts, I was jealous of his ability to look so good, so fucking easy.

"Morning Grumpy."

"Okay, I am too tired for insults." I turned around, taking a step back toward the lift but Theo grabbed my hand, laughing quietly as he pulled me back around.

"I got you a tea in the car. Proper tea. I made it. Boiled water and, get this. I found Yorkshire tea bags."

"You did not."

"I did." He nodded, that grin somehow getting bigger as he started dragging me through the lobby. I didn't fight him. As much as I'd be reunited with proper tea in about 48 hours, I was dying for a kick and I was curious to see if he actually made a good brew or not because something was telling me he did. "Silver mug." He pointed to it in the holder as he pulled the passenger side door open, dropping my hand and moving around the back of the car. "Get in Morgan."

"I was told to never get in the car with strangers."

"You were with me yesterday."

"I forgot the rule then."

"Fine but I'm eating these donuts by myself." He shrugged, holding up the box as he got into his spot in the car and I groaned, getting in myself. "Donuts and tea are the way to get you to agree to anything then?" I fastened my belt and pulled the food from his hand, taking an aggressive bite.

"I didn't get up at 4 fucking 30 AM to come down stairs and not come out." I grabbed the cup, staring at him as I brought it to my lips. "I'll know if it's not Yorkshire Tea."

"There are 2 things I would never fuck with Morgan. A, Tea. B, a Yorkshire girl's tea." I bit back my smile. He was good, but not that good. He wasn't getting a 5am smile from me. No chance. Sipping on the tea, I scowled and put my donut down, unscrewing the cap. "What?"

"Nothing." Fuck. This was literally the best tea I've ever had in my entire life.

"Why are you looking at it like that? Did I fuck it up? You said you like it strong with 2 sugars yesterday."

"It's fine."

"No, Morgan. Tell me what I did wrong."

"Nothing. You literally- It's a good cuppa." I nodded at him, taking another sip and sitting back in the chair. "I'll forgive you for the wake up." He let out a breath, shaking his head as he shuffled in his seat and started the engine. "Where are you taking me this early anyway? I have shared my location with Ava and Noah so if you try to murder me they both know where I am."

"I'm not going to murder you Morgan. I have a whole day planned for us both. Start to finish and I don't want any arguing because if you do, you're gonna throw the whole thing off okay?"

"So, demanding."

"Mhm. I'm also going to be taking about a million photos and videos so no complaining about that either."

"I am not-"

"AH."

"The-"

"NOPE." He pulled out into the barely there traffic, knowing exactly where he was going without needing the navigation. "No arguing."

"THEO."

"No Morgan. What did I tell you yesterday? We're not writing that song when we get home based on fake feelings and experiences. People will want an MV so we're going to make one of our memories today. So, stop being grumpy, eat your donut, drink your tea and wake up properly. You've got about 20 minutes until we get to the first spot."