Chapter 35

“Part of healing is accepting that you might never fully understand what happened, and that’s okay.”⭐️
___

I barely have time to adjust my skirt or to smooth my blouse down, that Mark is already in the room.

I check that my clothes are in place for the last time.

Mark: "Good evening."

Ryan: "Good evening Mark"

As for me, I let out a pathetically squeaky good evening, in a suspiciously shrill voice.

Mark stares at me for a moment, puzzled.

All is well, there's no need to worry... He's looking at me like a colleague would, that's all.

I'm sure I'm as white as a ghost. Shit Lexi! Get a grip!

Lexi: "I... I was just giving Ry... Mr Carter... A file... I'll leave you, gentlemen..."

If I wanted to seem guilty, I just stacked all the odds in my favor!

Ryan: "Stay, Miss Mitchell. I asked Mr. Leviels to join us because you're going to be working together on a project..."

What?! He knew Mark was coming?

He looks at me mischievously, then looks back at Mark.

Mark nods like a good little soldier, while I glare silently at Ryan.

But he remains impassive, most probably very proud of his little game.

Ryan: "Please, take a seat."

He walks around his desk letting his long fingers slide along the wood evoking lustful pictures of his hands on my body in my mind...

Lexi: "I rather stand."

He sits down, smoothing his tie down, and looks at me amused.

Ryan: "As you please, Miss Mitchell..."

Mark steps forward and sits on the seat next to me. He glances at his phone before folding his hands over his knees.

I suddenly feel a little ridiculous, standing as straight as a ramrod next to these two men who are sitting down quietly.

I throw a sideways glance at Ryan and quietly sit down on the seat near me.

I elegantly cross my legs, making my skirt creep up my legs. You wanna play? Let's play.

Ryan: "A group of Chinese investors is coming next week. They are interested in investing in our rig in the Persian Gulf... I would like you to update the NDA."

Mark nods, while I desperately try to make my brain switch into work mode.

Ryan: "I also need the detailed business plan for the audit. And of course, prepare the data room..."

I am both shocked and fascinated to see how Ryan can switch from one personality to another so fast and so easily!

A few minutes ago he had the leading role of the passionate lover, and now he's a ruthless businessman.

While I'm still struggling to get a grip on myself!

I nervously rub my fingers together trying to regain a calm and poised attitude.

Ryan: "Miss Mitchell... Are you listening...?"

Two mischievously twinkling, grey eyes are staring at me.

Bastard, you know exactly where I am cause it's where you left me!

Lexi: "Uh... yes, yes."

Ryan: "You look hot... Shall I open a window?"