Chapter 40

"Someone being patient with you is one of the softest forms of love."⭐️
___

This morning, I'm full of enthusiasm! Last night, I went to have a drink with Matt, in one of the bars where Colin's group is used to playing.

I, therefore, discovered a pub with a nice rock atmosphere.

I met Adam who really made me laugh. It's strange, he's really different to Colin who, as usual, wasn't very talkative with me.

Sometimes I wonder if I bother him or if my presence upsets him...

Matt can tell me what he likes, that Colin is... Colin, but I don't know, I stay reserved with him.

In any case, it didn't stop the boys from getting into a shooters competition, while I kept count.

Some didn't leave the bar as fresh as me! If Colin kept the pace, Matt didn't and puked on his way out...

Obviously, his defeat will probably cost him months of ridicule on our behalf.

I look at I myself for a moment in the mirror. I sigh.

I haven't seen Ryan since our magical night together. I try so hard not to think of him as often as I breathe.

More or less successfully...

Seeing as my attempts aren't very efficient, I put on my little shorts and my favorite boots to go and freshen my ideas up in Central Park!

I grab my backpack and I add a book...

As I grab my little backpack, someone knocks on my door.

Oh? I'm not expecting any deliveries today... unless it's a neighbor...

I put my bag back down on my kitchen counter and I go to open.

As I open, I freeze to the spot. I swallow painfully, my eyes seized by two hypnotic grey irises.

Ryan is facing me, standing with his hands in his pockets, an indecipherable expression on his beautiful face.

Ryan: "Hello."

His tone is neutral, but I'm beginning to know him and I see his usual mischief glimmering in the grey of his eyes.

Lexi: "Hello..."

His gaze moves down to my hips, then onto my legs, before coming back to my eyes.

Ryan: "You're adorable in those little shorts."

He looks at me bright eyed and a smile full of innuendos stretches across his lips.

The Ryan effect! Of course, I go as red as a tomato. Would anyone have a fire extinguisher...?

I confess to feeling a little odd. It's the first time that Ryan sees me dressed like this let alone appearing on my doorstep... that he should drop by like this, unexpectedly, is really the last thing I'd have foreseen.

Lexi: "You... you want to come in?"

My voice sounds a bit odd, I'm striving to appear detached.

I mustn't show him that I'm troubled, otherwise, I'm screwed.

Ryan: "I was in the neighborhood... and I thought I might pay a visit to my charming assistant."

He insists on the word "charming" while leaning his head to the side, letting his cheeky look linger on me.

Lexi: "Really, are you going to make me believe you're often in this neighborhood?"

Ryan: "No, not at all, actually..."