𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑇𝑜 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑘

*2 days later*

It would officially be Zac and Fatima's first day of work. They've gotten to know majority of the people in the unit.

Zac and Fatima got ready for work. They arrived to the Atlanta precinct.

As soon as they walked in, "DETECTIVE WILSON, I NEED TO SEE YOU!" Sergeant Grant yelled

Fatima went. Zac became Familiar with Captain Gideon, Agent Clark, and Detective cross.

*Sergeants office*

"Sergeant, you wanted to see me?" Fatima asked

"Yes. Take a seat."

Fatima sat down.

"Are you normally in the field?"

"Yes"

"Well, I don't want you to do that anymore. I think I want you to sit as of right now." Sergeant said

"Detectives don't sit. They get in the field, and do their jobs."

"Some sit, and some get out there. I want you to sit for right now."

Sergeant Grant dismissed Fatima from her office. Fatima went into the bathroom.

She whispered, "lord, I'm about to quit this job already."

A woman came out of the stall, Agent Clark" you can say that again."

Fatima laughed and shook her head.

"Grant making you sit?" She asked

"Yep, and it bullshit. I didn't come to sit on my ass. I came to work."

"You have to get use to it. She makes all of the women sit. No matter how good you are, you're sitting." Clark said, "it is dumb as hell, but that's how she is."

"Why's she calling orders like she's captain?"

"Gideon lets her call the shots." Clark said, "there will be a lot of times where tears will be shed, words will be said, but I don't want you to give up."

They both left the bathroom, and they headed to the technology area. Everybody else was sitting down there. Simone Clark and Fatima pulled two chairs in the corner and sat together.

Everybody was on their phones, and not doing anything. Fatima sent a text to Zac's phone.

Fatima- I'm about to quit!

Zac-why?

Fatima-she wants me to sit. I'm not willing to do it. I didn't come here to become one with a chair. I want to be in the field.

Zac- maybe she's right.

Fatima- what do you mean?

Zac-there are other areas than the field. If she wants you to sit, sit. Makes your job easier.

Fatima- I don't want a "easy" job. I want a job that fits me, and this isn't it.

Zac-I get it, but at least try it. For a least a week. You'll never know if you like something, until you try it.

Fatima-fine, and if it doesn't work out, she needs to put me in the field. If not, I'm quitting. Bet?

Zac-no deal. You can't quit

Fatima-why not?

Zac- because I said so

Fatima- whatever, I'm going to do it my way.

Zac- don't make me come over there. I'll set your ass straight and you know it. You're not quitting and that's final.

Fatima looked up from her phone, and looked at Zac. Fatima looked over at Simone, and she was staring a woman down. She had a short cut.

"I see you" Fatima laughed

"That woman is fine as hell"

"Go get her then."

"Nah. I'm just going to let her be. She don't even look my way."

"She's looking at you right now"

Simone slowly turned her head, and their eyes connected for a quick second before they both turned around. "I'm going to leave her alone. I came here to work, not to find love."

"I said the same thing. Accidentally bumped into my soulmate, and we've been inseparable ever since."

"He's here or in the district?"

"He's right over there." She pointed at Zac

"Y'all definitely look good together."

"Thank you."

*3 hours later*

It was a day filled with absolutely nothing. Fatima couldn't be by Zac. They had guidelines that said that they can't touch, knowing that Zac loves to touch Fatima. This was just a dumb day.

Everybody finally got their lunch break. The first thing that Zac and Fatima did was go outside. They were going to touch each other as much as they wanted.

Fatima and Zac decided to drive to "touchdown wings" and get them some food. They ordered and got their food within 15 minutes. They drove back to the precinct, and ate in the car.

"You hate it already?" Zac asked

"The precinct? Yes. My food? No."

"I don't see a problem, with doing nothing for the first day."

"I do. There are people that need our help. There would be a lot to do if I were a la-" she paused

"If you were a what? Say it"

"Nothing."