Chapter 7: His point of view.

LEVI'S POINT OF VIEW.

I reach for my phone on the side table without opening my eyes when I hear it ring. I swipe the screen, turn off the alarm, and put my phone on my chest. I slowly open my eyes and gently rub them. My whole body is fucking heavy. Gumigising ako lagi ng ganito. I stare at the ceiling and let my mind explore. My body is tired. My mind is tired. I'm tired. I'm tired.

I still can't get over what happened that night. I still couldn't believe it until now. There are a lot of questions in my mind pero kahit isa sa mga katanungan ko hindi ko natanong sa kanya.

She left me with so many questions, though I didn't ask anything. She left me without answering my questions because I never asked about anything. She made us leave. She made us escape. She left me judging her. She left me without explaining her side. She left my mind without peace. She left me... she pushed me away from her. She pushed me away.

I breathe to remove all the thoughts that have formed in my mind. I breathe to remove my sadness, disappointment, and hope. I hold my phone, and I double-tap the screen to see the time. It's eight in the evening. Time to prepare.

I get out of bed and walk to the shower. I stop in front of the mirror to stare at my face. I look tired. I take off all my clothes and start showering. This can't help me forget her. Showering reminds me of when we were together.

The water is warm. I start imagining that she's here with me. I start remembering how good it feels when our bodies stick together. The water is warm, like her body. I could feel her wrapping her arms around my body and exploring her hand around my chest while her chest was at my back.

I close my eyes slowly and take a deep breath. I could remember how smooth and warm her hands and body were.

...

As I walk inside the club, a loud noise greets my ear, which I like. It's nine in the evening, so there are a lot of people coming here to party, to be wild, and to make themselves lost.

I go straight to the VIP lounge that I reserved last night. I sit down on the long couch and lean back. I call the waiter when his direction is right here.

"Please bring me a bottle of liquor."

"What kind of liquor, sir?" he asks.

"Anything hard."

"Alright sir, saglit lang po," he says, walking past me.

I stare at the wild crowd dancing to the loud sounds. I let my mind wander from watching the crowd while on the dance floor, hoping I could see her here again. My eyes start moving everywhere, researching every woman I think she is.

"Hey, Levi!" I turn my eyes to the person who's standing in front of me, smiling.

"Yo, Mark." tipid akong ngumiti pero hindi ko siya niyaya na samahan ako.

"Bakit ka nag-iisa pre?" he asks and sits beside me, inakbayan niya ako.

"Nothing. I just want to be alone."

"Do you have a problem, bruh? You can share it with me." umiling ako.

"I'm fine."

"You're not fine, bruh."

"I said, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me." pinilit kong ngumiti sa kanya para hindi mahalata ang pagkairita ko. Tinanggal niya ang pagkaka-akbay sa'kin, tumawa siya at mahina akong tinapik sa braso.

"Babae ba 'yan?" he asks, but I shut my mouth. Come on, we are not friends. I didn't invite my friends here because I don't need friends tonight. They will not understand me.