Chapter 22

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW

"Bye, mom," I say.

I'm about to open the car's door nang hawakan ni Mrs. Ynares ang isa kong kamay kaya napatingin ako sa kanya.

"You forgot something again, honey," she says, smiling while pointing her cheeks.

Napataas ang dalawang kilay ko nang malimutan ko nanaman. Pilit akong natawa sa harap niya and give her a peck on her cheeks.

"Alis na po ako."

"Okay, I love you, honey."

"I.. love you too." I try to smile. I look away to open the door and get off the car.

"Bye, honey," she says.

I wave to her while she drives away from me. When I can't see her car anymore, I start walking to go to my room.

Well, I find it kind of awkward now.

I shouldn't remember this life. I shouldn't be reborn in this world again.

She's been nice, and she's a great mom to me, but remembering my past memories makes me feel awkward with her because I never had a mom back then. I've never been sweet to someone by kissing their cheeks and saying, I love you every time, because I didn't have a real family in my past life. I never experienced being loved by my parents because I don't have one. I have lived all my life to be the best assassin. I spent my life killing people. I don't want her to be sad. I don't want her to think that her daughter has changed.

I get to the classroom and see Peony writing something in her notebook while I am walking to our seats.

"What's that?" I ask, putting my bag on my chair. I sat down.

"Nothing. I'm just doodling your name," she says, while she's continuing on her way.

"Show me."

"No. I haven't finished this yet," she says, covering her notebook.

I breathe. I take my cell phone and ear buds out of my bag to listen to music.

After a few minutes, our teacher walks into the classroom and starts her class. I listen to our teacher's lecture, even though I find it boring. Like, come on, I don't have a choice!

Damn it. I am somehow grateful for my first life because I never attended school. I want that now. School sucks.

The morning class ended, and we are now having lunch. Peony wants to go to the VIP canteen, but I told her that my mom gave her a pack of lunch. She's happy about the packed lunch, but eating in the classroom makes her lose her appetite.

She insisted on eating in the VIP canteen, but I told her that I wanted to lay low about what happened yesterday, and she understood my reason. I have a feeling that the guy asked for help from some delinquent students to take revenge. I don't want myself to get into trouble. Baka mamaya mapagpasyahan pa ng pamilya ko na isama ako kay Phoebe.

"Let's eat there tomorrow, I promise." I say.

"Really? You promise?"

"Yes."

"Alright. It's a promise." She says while she's eating.

Sumapit ang oras ng uwian. Nag hiwalay na kami ng landas ni Peony para pumunta sa aming mga club. Ako nalang ngayon mag-isang naglalakad papunta sa club ko ngunit otomatiko na napatigil ang mga paa ko sa paglalakad nang may mapansing kakaiba sa dadaanan ko.

Bago kasi ako makarating ng Gardening club room madadaanan ko muna ang mini forest ng school which isa sa mga tambayan. Sanay akong makitang maraming nakatambay sa loob ng mini forest ngunit ngayon ay wala, as in wala. Napalinga-linga ako sa paligid kung may mga estudyante sa paligid ngunit wala.