Chapter 15: The confrontation

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW.

"Guys, Ma'am Velasco will not attend today because she is about to give birth due today. She said to us that this day is a rest day for her subject and to do whatever we wanted to do. Basta guys, if aalis please go back after lunch dahil may klase pa kay Sir, understood?" Gina says, our class president.

"Yes!" sabay-sabay na bigkas ng mga kaklase ko.

Nagsitayuan ang karamihan samin para lumabas. Tinanggal ko ang pony tail sa aking wrist para itali ang buhok ko.

"Ayun, nice one." bulalas ni Peony.

Bahagya kong hinimas ang ulo ko para mas maging maayos ang buhok ko, I look at the watch on my wrist to see the time, and it's already 9:00 o'clock in the morning. I still have enough time to do what I want to do.

"Peony, do you have a sharpener?" I ask.

"Yes, wait," she says, opening her bag, taking out the sharpener, and giving it to me. Inabot ko 'yun and take my pencil from the pouch.

"Thanks." sabi ko habang sinimulang tasahan ang lapis.

"Pen, punta ta'yong library." pag-aya ni Poeny, she stands up, ready to go.

I shake my head.

"I can't. I have something important to do," I say.

Because this is the perfect time to do something crazy.

Mukhang puma panahon sa akin ang araw at ang oras. Binigyan kagad ako ng sign na gawin ang gusto kong gawin.

Bahagya kong itinaas ang lapis para pagmasdan ang tulis nito at nang makitang tama na ang tulis nito, sinoli ko na ang pantasa ni Peony.

"Oh, okay, I will not stop you," she says.

I stand up, nilagay ang pencil sa bulsa ng palda ko and take a black cap from inside my bag.

"If I don't get back here at lunch, please don't wait for me," I say. She looks me in the eye with her confused eyes, but she just nods.

"Alright, see you later," she says.

"Bye," I say, and walk out of the room.

I'm going to the Grade 8 building to confront my sister's bully. I'll simply confront her in a pleasant manner that she will never forget. Hindi ko na isasama ang dalawa niyang alalay dahil isa lang 'din naman silang sunod-sunuran sa leader-lidiran nila.

Phoebe texted me and revealed the reason she didn't want to go to school was because Taylor and her friends secretly took pictures in her journal that were all about her crushes at this school.

They created a group chat and invited the entire 8th grade class—bilang ganti ata daw sa pag hindi pagpayag ni Phoebe na tapusin nila ang pagbagbabasa sa journal niya at biglaang pagpapaalis niya sa kanila nu'ng biglaan silang bumisita sa bahay. Wala akong ibang maisip kay Taylor kundi ang pagiging isip-bata.

She's an 8th grade student, and she's still immature for her grade. I understand that we are still in high school, but has her family not taught her good manners and right conduct? She's being childish and insensitive to others feelings.

No one will be happy if someone disrupts their privacy without their permission, especially when it's against their will. It's rude and lacks manners. They are the ones who invaded Phoebe's privacy, and they also leaked it to everyone. They also went to our house without my sister's permission.

Phoebe was under a lot of pressure from her bullies, classmates, and other students. Because of what happened, her self-esteem became so low, so-so low, and she was too embarrassed and tired to face the criticism she received every single day. They frequently picked on Phoebe, made fun of her, and generally isolated her from her peers.