Chapter 23

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW

I wonder what will happen if I tell Levi that I was Yara. Is he going to believe in me? Wait, does he ever know that I died?

He doesn't have a wife. He said he's single and has never been married. What if he didn't know that I had died? Is he waiting for me? Is he... no! That is impossible.

We've been together for just two weeks and a few days. We never had a relationship other than being sex partners. He can't be in love with me in such a short time, but in my case?

I fell.

I fell for him. There's no doubt about it. I know it's crazy, and I-am-crazy. I'm being delusional by wanting to make him mine.

I remember that day and how he wanted me to come with them. All the Gods know how I wanted to be selfish back then. They know how I wanted to be with him, but I chose not to run away because if I chose him, he and I would never have peace and happiness every single day. We will never have normal days. Everyday is a threat for us to survive. We will never be able to sleep at night in peace. We cannot have sex wherever we want. We have to be ready, body and mind every time. We have to be alert every single time. Our days will be full of worries and problems, like, How can we survive and get through the day without dying?

The organization will use him against me as a threat. That's for sure.

I don't know if Levi knows how to fight and kill, but I don't think he can. He's innocent about being a real bad guy. I know he's innocent. He knows nothing about his sister. Wala siyang alam about sa kung sino at kung anong tao ang pinakasalan ng ate niya. HIndi ko lang alam ngayon...

If he does ever know of my death, I wonder if he mourns it. I wonder what he felt about my death.

"Wow."

Otomatiko na napatigil ang isang paa ko sa ere—pasipa sa punching bag nang may magsalita sa likuran ko. I step my kicking leg back and turn around to see the person who came inside without knocking on the door.

He pointed his thumb at the door.

"I knocked, but you seemed focused, so I came in, sorry."

I see Levi standing at the door, amazed at me. He's wearing black sleeveless tops and shorts, and I think he's going to work out.

"You're good.." Wala sa sariling sabi ko.

"I didn't know that Wyatt has a strong daughter like you." Wala sa sariling sambit niya.

"Hmm." Tugon ko at pilit na ngumiti.

I look away from him when my gaze lands on his arm, where I can see the whole of his tattoo on his other arm. I take a deep breath and walk to the long chair where my water bottle is. I sit down on the chair, open the bottled water, and drink.

I put the bottled water on the ground after I drank it.

I take my phone, which is on my side, to see the time, and I see it's 6:00 am in the morning, and he woke up early. Is he waking up early every day to work out? I want to ask him. To change my training schedule so that he doesn't see me doing unexpected things at my age.

Mabuti nalang huling sipa ko na nang dumating siya kaya walang dahilan para mabadtrip ako sa kanya. Ang laki-laki ng mansion na tinitirhan namin pero parang biglang lumiit nang dumating siya.

I see in my peripheral vision that Levi is now doing his stretching on the side of the gym. I take the face towel on my side to wipe off all the sweat on my face. Pinunasan ko 'rin ang buhok ko na naliligo sa pawis. Napatingala ako para punasan naman ang leeg ko.