Chapter 33

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW

I take a good look outside the cabin, and yes, it looks old and abandoned because of the plants growing all around it. The window is closed, so I don't have the chance to peek inside, so I continue walking as I step up the stairs to reach the door. I hold the doorknob and see it unlock. I open it without knocking on the door. Pagkapasok ko sa cabin unang bumungad sa akin ang maliit na living area. I look around and see that the cabin is way too cool to abandon. Why does this get abandoned? It is actually quite well preserved on the inside. The walls are covered in old wood panelling, and there is a small fireplace in one corner. Bruh! Is this really abandoned?

There is a small kitchen, dining room, and one small room. There's a single couch and a small coffee table in the middle. I see Isla sitting in the couch position in the middle, her one leg resting on top of the table, while wiping her shoe with a wipe.

Our eyes meet as I push the door close.

"Sit." She says na para bang inaasahan na niya ang pagdating ko. She looks away, her focus back on wiping her shoe.

I look at her. I just look at her as I stand still. She really is not a child anymore.

"You're sitting as if you were the owner of this cabin."

She hisses without looking at me. "I don't care if your family owns this. This is already abandoned anyway," she says, emphasising the word anyway.

I take off my bag and throw it away from the table, where her one leg is resting.

"Hey!"

Before I speak, we both looks at the door and see Hope enter the cabin and point the liquor at us.

"Stop fighting!"

"That's enough!" Pahabol niya na para bang isa kaming mga anak niya dahik sa tono ng kanyang pagsaway. I see Isla glaring at me and stopping what she's doing. She just stared at me with her death stare. I smirk. I never imagined that she'd be staring at me like that.

Inakbayan ako ni Hope dahilan para sumabay ng kusa ang katawan ko sa paglalakad papunta sa couch. Hope holds my shoulder and makes me sit on the couch pagkatapos she goes to the other couch in front of me.

Isla take my bag and throw it away somewhere, but I didn't mind. I just roll my eyes. This gorl has guts! I like it!

I lean my back on the single sofa, cross my legs, and look at the two people in front of me who are also sitting on the single sofa, both serious.

"So, what is this all about?" I ask.

I take a glance at the table when Hope slides the glass of liquor through me. Where did that glass come from? Tinangka ni Isla na kuhanin ang baso when I grab it first.

"Mine." I mumble and take a sip on it.

I see the confusion on Isla's face in the side of my eye.

"The hell?"

"You drink?" Isla exclaims and takes a glance at Hope, wondering. Hope laughs.

"She's the one who bought it! Not me!"

Isla shakes her head in disbelief.

"How old are you, kid?"

Wala sa sariling napabuga ako ng hangin at sarkasitikong tiningnan si Isla. Wow! This version of Isla makes me annoyed.

"Did you just call me kid?" I say as I point to myself and emphasise the word kid.

Isla narrows her eyebrow.