Chapter 21

PENELOPE'S POINT OF VIEW.

My dad's birthday party was the best night ever, but only for him, not me. The party started at 7:00 o'clock in the evening, so Peony and I waited for Phoebe to change her outfit before we went out.

We went to the outside of the mansion where the party was, and we watched some people performing on stage. There was a group of people dancing and singing to entertain the guests, but they never entertained me because I was full of annoyance and jealousy.

There were many visitors besides our relatives. We sang him a happy birthday, and after he made a wish, he blew out the candle and gave us a not-so-long speech for his birthday.

I'm not in the mood to be so happy on my dad's birthday because of what I saw in the library. I shouldn't care or think about it, but I can't take it off my mind. I can't stop thinking about it! We used to do that! He used to do that to me! I'm disappointed in myself.

I started remembering everything when Phoebe gave me a cake yesterday. I thought about Hope when she gave me a bento cake one day in advance of my birthday. Because of that, that's how I remember everything. What a lame plot twist to gain my memories!

I still can't believe it, and I still don't know why I'm being reincarnated in this fucking world. Like, what the hell? I don't think I should be thankful to be reborn again. Like, come on? I can't accept this...

I can't accept the fact that I'm twelve years old while Levi is in his 40s now! I still can't process in my mind that I can't have sex with a veteran like Levi! Why is he still alive?

Wait, I'm being too much.

Why am I thinking about sex right after I regain my memories? Damn it!

I should think about my organization, not how I can have sex with someone who will never be interested in me because he will never accept someone who's fucking twelve years old! Shit, this fucking age gap is making my mind spin! Why is the world being unfair?

Though I made a mistake in my organization and although I hurt Hope, I feel somehow betrayed because they made her suffer by making her kill me!

I was happy when she was the one who killed me, but now I'm alive, and now I'm back? Say less, biatches. My soul is mad!

They should pay for my anger; they should accept my vengeance, mother fuckers.

I notice this body—maybe because I'm young. I have an excellent sixth sense, but I have poor balance, strength, agility, quickness, and many more. In my first life, I started to train when I was nine years old, and at the age of twelve, I became an assassin. Ganu'n kabilis.

Pero in my case, right now? Kailangan ko ulit mag simula sa pinaka basic para magkaroon ng improvement ang katawan na ito. I need to train alone—this time. Wala akong professor, commander o trainer na magtuturo sa'kin. Wala akong ibang taong didipendihan kundi sarili ko lamang mismo. Kinda great, I think?

I never became a student before, but in this life I don't have a choice but to be a student and must attend school every Monday to Friday—for goodness sake. Hindi ko 'rin fully hawak ang sabado at linggo dahil may mga assignment at project na kailangang tapusin, poor me. This life is sucky!

Being a student is boring and non-negotiable. My parents in this life will never agree if I tell them that I don't want to attend school anymore. Hindi ko alam ang maaari kong sabihin o i-dahilan kapag nag tanong sila sa'kin kung bakit—hindi ko naman pwedeng sabihin sa kanila na—mom, dad, I need to stop studying because I want to focus of how to be stronger. I want to be back as an assassin to kill those fuckers in my past life.