Emptyness

Olympus was empty. No music played along the streets or in the temples like others had said. There weren't any living things milling about. It was completely deserted.
Your group followed you down the winding road to the palace-y place at the top of the hill. You assumed it was where the gods would be.
You had been told that there were twelve chairs and the gods each occupied their own. When you stepped into the room, all the chairs were occupied, but not by the gods.
They were all huge creatures made of swirling black mist like your hallucinations.
They were all shaped differently, but the one that caught your eye was the shape sitting in Poseidon's chair.
All the other shapes were constantly changing, but the one sitting in his chair stayed constant. It had the outline of a human being, but beady red eyes and sharp, white teeth.
It spoke in a rasping voice.
"You will not survive." It said.
You closed your eyes and clenched your fists.
"Yes we will." You said through gritted teeth.
"No, you will not."
You opened your eyes and looked around. Leo, Logan, and Jade were all looking at you with confused looks on their faces.
"What? They were wishing death upon us."
Leo took a step closer and grabbed your hand.
"Umm, (y/n), there's no one there."
"What? You don't see them? The black mist guys?"
Leo shook his head, puzzled.
You smacked your head, thinking you were going crazy.
"Anyway, where is everybody?" Asked Logan.
"I don't know. There was no one outside either." You said, shaking yourself from your daze.
"(Y/n), you can see black smoke stuff, right?" Asked Leo.
"Yeah, why?"
"Well, why don't you try talking to it. I dunno."
"I guess I could try..."
You got closer to the wisps, and they got a little more solid. You kept walking and their forms hardened. They were all in the shapes of humans.
"Um, hello?" You asked.
"Puny mortal." It rasped. "You were foolish to come here. Now there is no way to save your friends. You will all die."
"Shut up!" you yelled. "What makes you think we will be weak enough to let our guard down? we will not die!" You were seething with rage. These wisps were really starting to make you depressed.
"Now where are the gods? What happened here? Why did our parents claim we're not their children?"
"Little hero, even if you had asked those questions slower we would not have answered you."
"You wanted to punch one of them, but how do you punch black mist?"
You clenched your fists and turned around.
"C'mon guys, were leaving."
The others started to follow you, but the mist rasped again.
"Once again, I'll tell you how foolish you've been to come here. You see, now we can't let you leave. of course, you should've seen this coming. It was in your prophecy."
You covered your mouth with your hand. You forgot about that line. It had said that there was evil here and that it would imprison you.
You turned around, and saw the mist curling around your friends. Their eyes were wide with fear, so you assumed they could see it now. Or maybe they could feel it squeezing them tighter. Either way, you knew you were in trouble.
The mist started to curl around your feet. You couldn't move. You were frozen with fear. Or maybe it was just the mist. As it enveloped you more, you watched your friends fall unconscious, just before the mist covered you entirely.

A/n I'm SOOOO sorry for that wait. It's been so long since I updated. What's today? The 27th of June? well last update was on may 25th. Yeah. Sorry. I know this isn't 1000 words like my usual goal, but I think this is a pretty good chapter. I don't think I've even worked on much in a long time, but I'm on a car trip, so it's easier. On another note, for those of you who like Miyazaki movies (a.k.a. my neighbor totoro, spirited away, castle in the sky, etc.) I suggest from up on poppy hill. That has got to be the most beautiful movie I've ever seen. It's a bit like the mortal instruments, in a way I can't explain without giving spoilers, but yeah. Yay! now it's 736 words! anywho, I've got other stories to update too, so thanks again to all my beautifully wonderful readers! I love you for being so patient!