The Song of Cats and Friends

Leo and you talked for a while. Eventually, It got really dark and cold. You decided to go home.

When you had climbed to the bottom of the tree, you looked up at Leo. Still sitting there, looking tired.

"Hey, are you sure you don't want to stay at my place? It's kind of cold out here."

"Nah, that's fine. I'm comfortable."

You tilted your head just a bit and gazed up at him a moment longer. Finally, you turned and walked away.

\([^]w[^])/

^That's my new logo, btw

The next morning, you woke up early and headed to the door without even eating breakfast. You didn't like Saturdays because there was always so much to do. You never got any time to sit in your tree. (Is it bad that the only thing I can think of right now is Saturday by Fall Out Boy?) (You might be a bit obsessive.)

You opened the door, and heard soft music coming from somewhere nearby.

You looked up, and saw Leo in the tree holding what looked like a mini guitar.

You climbed up to where he was, and listened to the tune he was playing. He wasn't singing any lyrics, just playing an unfamiliar tune. You wondered if he had written it himself.

"Is that a ukulele?" you asked.

Leo jumped, and almost dropped it before looking at you.

"Oh, I didn't see you there. Uh, yeah, it's a ukulele."

"That song--what's it called?"

"Umm, I haven't decided."

"So, you wrote it?"

Leo nodded.

"That's really cool. I could never compose music."

Leo smiled, leaned back into the tree trunk, and continued playing his ukulele.

The song was sweet and comforting.

"I once saw a girl in a tree." he started to sing.

"The tree was hers and she didn't like me."

You snorted at his absurd lyrics. You found it funny that he could come up with such goofy lyrics that rhyme.

"Then she was suddenly my friend, and I'm greatful for that."

Leo looked at you, and smiled his goofy grin.

"My only wish, is that she had a cat."

You started to say something, when Leo silenced you and continued.

"The cat should be named Chairman Meow, because that is my favorite cat name as of now."

You laughed again.

"Or else maybe CFOS, which is an acronym. Cat From Outer Space is what we'd call him. But if it is a girl, lady meow-meow is her name. She'll be named after someone with a lot of fame."

"Did you just-"

"Now finally, this stupid song can end. I'll give it a title now: The Song of Cats and Friends."

Leo strummed the last notes, and set his ukulele aside.

You clapped. "The Song of Cats and Friends is my new favorite song." you told him.

Leo grinned. "Glad you like it!"

"How'd you come up with the lyrics on the spot like that?"

"I make random songs a lot. I've got a ton of practice."