Life is fragile

5.88k. I'm gonna die. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOU'RE HELPING ME ACCOMPLISH MY DREAMS OF BECOMING A POPULAR AUTHOR. HIGH PAWS, HUGS, KITTENS, AND FALL OUT BOY CDS FOR ALL! But seriously guys, *gives high paws to everyone.* *gives hugs to everyone* *hands out kittens* *throws FOB CDs to the crowd* Also, shoutout to @tris_loves_four. She messaged me telling me that I inspired her and that she loves my story. I'm crying tears of happiness. I cannot express how much I love you guys!" (sorry for the long note. :3)

Your POV
"What do you mean, we can't. Everything can melt if you heat it to a hot enough temperature. That's science."
"Well, (y/n), this isn't science, it's magic, which is not scientific at all. But I said you can't melt it. You can make it...ah...disappear."
"Oh, good. What do we have to do?"
"Excuse me, but I said you. Since you're my daughter, you and only you would be able to get rid if it. Unfortunately, to do so, you probably end up killing yourself. Magic is not a forgiving force of nature."
"It would kill me?" You sank to the ground, thinking.
"I'll have to do it." You said looking up at your mother. "For the greater good."
"What? No!" Leo squealed. "You're not dying!"
"She must. Otherwise Hephaestus would cause a war. My friends would take my side, and his friends would take his. Life as you know it would be torn apart." Khione growled.
"But...there has to be an easier way!"
"I'm sorry, child. There's no other way."
He knelt down beside you. "I'm not letting you die. We'll find another way."
"No, Leo. This is the only way." You said, standing up. "How do I do it, mother?"
"You know how to get rid of ice. You know what it does, too. Get going."
Suddenly, Sam disappeared, and then reappeared.
"Woah, where'd you go?" Leo asked.
"Teleporting is working again!" he said excitedly. "Let's go!" he grabbed you wrist, and you made sure to grab Leo's before he teleported.
Your feet hit ground at the bottom of the empire stated building.
"Yeah, I imagine dad's main workshop is on Olympus." Leo noted.
You convinced the man at the front desk to let you into the elevator, and got in.
After a while, you made it to Olympus level.
You walked out onto the clouds, which were pink with the setting sun.
It was weird to walk on water vapor. You were sure wherever you walked, the rain in the cloud turned to snow or hail.
Leo led you all to Hephaestus' workshop.
When you got there, the whole building was coated in ice.
You took a deep breath, touched the ice, and your vision turned dark for a moment.
When you could see again, you and the building were on the top of a really tall mountain. About ten steps in any direction around the building, and you'd fall to your death.
"Wanted to make sure I die, didn't ya?" you asked the mountain.
You held out your hands, ready to do it, when Leo appeared. His hand was on the ice. He had transported too.
"(Y/n), please. I've lost too many important people in my life. I can't loose you!"
"Why Leo? why can't you just let me go!" You yelled. The wind whipped your hair and made it difficult to even hear yourself.
"Because, (y/n)...I love you. I love you so much!"
You anger melted.
"Leo," he silenced you with a kiss. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you against him.
You draped your arms around his neck, and poured all of your feelings into the kiss. Everything.
The wind whipped against your body, but you were warm. Warm from Leo's body heat, which had risen a lot.
You finally pulled away.
"Leo, now you're going to die. You shouldn't have come. We'll both die!"
"I don't. Care. As long as I'm with you, I don't care if I live or die."
You grabbed his hand and held out your other hand.
You knew that the ice was going to explode and either impale you or blow you off the mountain.
The ice started to crack and build pressure.
Sam appeared. Everything was slow-motion.
The ice cracked, more pressure. It exploded and Sam dove in front of you and Leo.
You watched as time turned normal and the ice was gone. You were back on the clouds of Olympus.
Hephaestus strolled up behind you and Leo. You were shocked at how fast it had happened and that you were still alive.
"Like it? I programmed my workshop and that ice so when you touched it, it would take you to the mountain. You wouldn't be able to leave until the ice was gone." Said Hephaestus.
"Yeah." You said flatly.
You felt a tug at your jeans, and looked down.
A hand had grabbed the cuff.
You followed the arm back to its owner, and found Sam on the ground.
You knelt down.
"Sam!" You felt your eyes prick with tears.
A large piece of ice was embedded in his chest. His shirt was soaked in blood.
"No, Sam! It's just a little cut! You're fine!" you insisted, but you knew it wasn't true.
"I just...wanted you to know..." He paused and coughed something red up. You desperately hoped it wasn't blood.
"Know what, Sam?" the tears started to fall freely.
"Know that...I've always loved you...since the moment I met you."
You brushed his brown hair back. It was drenched in sweat.
He turned to Leo. "Leo, you take good care of her. Okay?"
Leo nodded. You could see that even his eyes were glassy with tears.
Sam cupped your face, and you kissed him on the cheek.
Sam closed his eyes, "my only regret, is that I didn't eat enough French fries."
Leo started to say something but you smacked him.
Sam didn't say another word.
Leo picked his body up bridal-style, which looked really weird, and you both headed back to half-blood hill.
Sam hadn't been a half-blood, but you planned on burying him there.
When you walked into the camp with a dead boy and tons of injuries, you're guaranteed to cause a scene.
Chiron cantered through the crowd of half-bloods. The rest was like a dream.
Chiron led you and Leo to an area where you could bury Sam. Leo dug a grave while you cried into Sam's shirt, his blood mingling with your tears.
You and Leo buried him and went back to the Khione cabin.
You sat on the roof. Leo scootched closer to you and kept you warm.
Tears still fell silently down your face.
You realized you had loved Sam more than you realized.
You turned to Leo.
"Do you think he got Elysium for saving both of us?"
Leo stared directly into your eyes.
"(Y/n), I'm sure of it."
You gave him a quick kiss, and stared at the moon for a while. Wishing, but not wishing the next morning you would wake up in your bed in Texas at your dad's house.