Tibb

Your POV
The bus swerved, narrowly missing a wall.
You woke up, and could smell the stink of mist.
Leo and Sam were on their feet in an instant, running. You took off after them.
Another obstacle appeared, and the driver served again. Sam pushed on the bus doors, but they wouldn't budge.
You quickly frosted over the glass, and smashed it. It broke as easily as a thin sheet of ice.
You were the first to jump through.
A cold chill went through you, and out the tips of your fingers. From the ground sprang sheets and sheets of ice.
The ice enveloped the bus, suspending it in midair, mere centimeters from another wall.
All the passengers and the driver filed out through the broken door, and ran off quickly.
The ice started to crumble, and melt.
You grabbed Leo and Sam, who were still awestruck and led them away from the bus before you could get in trouble. You were in the middle of the country, and night was falling, so you found a little forest and searched for some shelter.
"Wha-what happened back there?" Leo asked.
Sam snorted. "She used her ice powers, dingus."
"Dingus? Really? You couldn't come up with anything better? Maybe something along the lines of...I dunno...crusty butt."
You turned around and looked at Leo.
"Crusty butt? I think dingus is much better."
Leo laughed.
"Quit being such crusty butts, guys."
Even Sam couldn't help but smile, but he quickly hid it under a frown.
"Let's go."
He lead you and Leo to a little house.
There were lights on, so Sam approached it.
He knocked confidently.
A young lady with grey hair answered.
"What are you kids doing out here so late? don't you have curfews?"
Sam shook his head.
"We are traveling. We had a guide, but he got terribly injured, and we had to leave him. He couldn't take a step in any direction. Now, we can make it to our destination on our own easily, it's really close, but we need somewhere to stay for the night, and my friend here," he gestured to you. "Would rather not spend the night in the woods."
You raised your eyebrows at him.
The lady quickly let you in.
"I have two guest bedrooms, boys in one, you can sleep in the other sweetie." she said. "Just call me ms. Jenkins."
The fact that she was so nice to you made you uneasy.
She laid out a nightgown for you but you declined.
"You're not my servant. You don't have to serve me. Just the bed and breakfast is good enough."
"Oh, but I insist, sweetie."
"You don't have to call me sweetie either. please, call me (y/n)."
"Okay, just remember, don't go into the other guest room."
"But you said-"
"That one is out of order!" She said loudly.
She smoothed Her oddly grey hair back, flashed a toothy smile, and on her way out, she said: "don't worry, Tibb doesn't like girls."

**********

That night, you were awoken by the sound of scuttling across wood. You supposed it was just rats. you couldn't get back to sleep, so you took a walk.
You saw another bedroom that looked odd. It had red scratch marks down the front of the door.
You remembered ms. Jenkins' warning and resisted.
Curiosity got the better of you. You peeked in, and what you saw was an appalling sight.
There was a man. But he no longer resembled a man. He had been ripped apart, torn to shreds, partially eaten, and drained of most of his blood. His face was pale, but there was fresh blood coating the wound. This death was recent.
You saw a trail of blood, leading from the headboard, onto the wall, and then on the ceiling.
The blood trail went across the ceiling, and into the boys room.
Not bothering to knock, you rushed into the room.
The boys were perfectly fine.
You relaxed, but it didn't last long.
A drip of something wet and sticky fell on your nose.
You could smell the metallic scent of blood filling your nostrils.
You looked up. Another drip fell on your forehead.
There was a beast, bloated with blood, on the ceiling.
He looked almost like a child, but was really hairy on his back.
He had a bald head and needle-sharp fangs.
You took a deep breath to keep yourself from screaming.
Ms. Jenkins said this, thing doesn't like girls.
She was soon proven correct, when Tibb scuttled over to the boys. He climbed onto Sam's chest and raised his razor-sharp claws.
He never did kill Sam though. He was reduced to dust with your sword.
A blood-curdling wail echoed around the house. Leo and Sam woke up.
Sam was gold from the dust.
"Guys, we have to get out of here now."
After You explained very basically what had happened, Sam decided it was safer to go out the window than to take our chances with the door. We were climbing over the window sill, when ms. Jenkins, her once youthful beauty replaced by an ugly old hag.
She was really old, and pretending to be young. That's the cause of her grey hair. Her source of power was destroyed, so she had no way to become young again.
She kept growing older and older with every step she took, and when she had finally reached you, she had turned to dust.
Not wanting to spend another minute in this nightmare house, you jumped out of the window, and ran for the coast, which was not far off now.

A/n I got the character Tibb from another story. If you can tell me which one, and which book in the series he was in, you get a shout out.
Also, 1.65k reads!!!! oh my freaking gods I love you all so much!! I feel like crying tears of snacky happiness!!! I'm just gonna die!!! I love you all so much!