Fourteen and Four spend time together 🥺💜🎲

The Fourteen mentioned here belongs to Relevant-Zucchini68 on Reddit.

"Alright, Four," said Fourteen. "Now that we are done with our usual meet-up, usually, I would ask you to leave because I have other patients. But many of these patients have cancelled, resulting in a bit of free time before our next patient meets up with us. What would you like to do, Four?"

"How about... some coloring?"

"Great idea! What do you want to color?"

"A pie! I love pies!"

"You know, Four, I love the way you smile. It's one of the things that bring joy to someone in their darkest days."

This got the young Four to think. Darkest days?...
Someone's darkest days? His... darkest days... would be cured... with that smile? They hoped so.

"What about my darkest days? The ones when I feel down? Should I think of that smile?"

"If you wish," Fourteen said happily. "I don't know how you do it, but you are someone to challenge questions when they challenge you."

"Thank you," said Four.
"I never really thought of my question answering skills in that way before."

"You are very much welcome. Be sure to keep yourself as bright as you are now. Don't be afraid to admit your worries to me. I won't tell anyone - unless I have to."

"Alright!" said the young blue Algebralien while they saw their parents arrive at the house. "Bye-bye, friend!"

"Bye-bye, Four."

Four left the house and headed to the parking areas on the street to meet up with his parents.

***

Many years later, Fourteen got a package from the hospital, as well as a card about Four's funeral.

Four... had died.

She was pretty surprised.

One year, Four was her friend, and the next...

He was gone.

Fourteen opened the package from the hospital, curious to see whatever she got. It was a photo of Four.
And a framed photo of...

Four...
and her.

Wait.

The photos each had something written on the back of them when she investigated further.

The first photo read:
"Bye-bye, friend!"

The second photo read:
"Bye-bye, Four."

She couldn't believe it.

She arrived at the funeral with the two goodbye photos in her drawstring bag.

Then, Fourteen placed their photos near a small vase. Possibly an urn.

Fourteen looked around and made sure that no one would listen. They probably wouldn't, considering that Six somehow got Four's color in a syringe, and some were wondering what the thing was for.

Fourteen whispered...

"Bye-bye, Four. I am sorry."

***

A/N: In WCAF: Four was originally buried. However, I decided on a retcon where the way Four's body is dealt with is a late cremation rather than them getting buried.

(In a coffin initially, he was later cremated, and the box with his ashes was buried. Six extracted their color at the funeral with a syringe.)

And by the way, I am no longer updating WCAF. I am lazy... plus, the project is old and has already been finished, so I will let it age.

The last time that I actually updated it was January, btw.

Happy belated anniversary, WCAF. ♡

Also, feel free to suggest plotholes in my object fanfics for me to fix.

Thank you!

Word total: 545