A mini Floweruby story 😇💙💛🖤

CW: This story contains d3ath mentions/implications and it is slightly angsty

If you are fine with those, let's begin the story.

(Picture in story banner belongs to xXSteamGirl on DA.
This will have credits fully later.)

***

It was a fine morning, like the usual.

A little off, but at least somewhat fine. It was no mystery about why the day wasn't exactly the best.

It had been about 2 weeks after Four's funeral had happened, and reactions varied within the small group of BFDI, BFDIA, and BFB veterans.

Some contestants were dealing with a lot of pain - or at least SOME pain after the funeral.

Others had already recovered and/or tried and found a way to cope somewhat.

Still others had already moved on.

The contestants hung out in the Pillary Ruins for the time being, then they would head over to Two and the debuters' hotel.

Taco was using a fidget toy, Blocky had a blueprint for a prank-centric invention, and Flower...

she was looking for Ruby.

Ruby had run off after breakfast and was nowhere to be found.

Flower asked Gelatin, Bubble, and even Lollipop, but pretty much no one knew.

"Flower!"

"H-hello, Blocky. I-I'm a little busy finding Ruby right now - and she means a lot to me - so if you could ask someone else to -"

"Flower, it's about Ruby! She is sitting down in the way of the perfect site for my new... project... and she won't move, no matter how much I try to get her to budge! You are her girlfriend - so YOU should know how to help her with whatever she is dealing with!"

"I'll do my best at persuading her - or whatever works. Later, Blocky."

Flower went over to Blocky's prank material construction site and saw Ruby crying in the middle of the site.

That was obviously a problem.

Flower gently approached Ruby. Ruby appeared terrified at first, but calmed down when she saw who it was.

"F-Flower?"

"Hi, Ruby."

"W-why are you..."

"What's wrong, Ruby?"

"I didn't think that Four was going to die... I didn't think that things would go so wrong - *sniffle* but they did! *sob*"

Flower hugged Ruby and Ruby faced her.

"What are you doing here right now?..."

"I heard that something was wrong... so I came to help you!... I believe that's what girlfriends do... right?"

"... Yeah..."

The two kissed as Flower picked up Ruby.

And the couple left Blocky's Prankstruction area.

"Finally! Now I juuuust need more materials..." Blocky said as he ran off to go check his supplies.

***

Credits:

Story banner pic: xXSteamGirl on DA

Characters in banner:
Pink Gemstone Flower - Belongs to me
Shimmering Film Tape - Belongs to Violetskittle and theobjectshowfan09 (both on DA)

Inspos:
SMG4: You Made Mario Do This...

Colors (fanfic) by MacScreamAtWindow

The above listed fanchildren + banner

WCAF story mark

***

Word total: 480