Chapter 6: Hope's point of view.

HOPE'S POINT OF VIEW.

Napasinghap at napabangon ako sa pagkakahiga nang maalimpungatan ako. I massage my temporal as I slowly open my eyes. I look down at my arm when I see something stuck in there. I'm wearing a hospital gown. I look around and see nothing but white.

Of course, I'm at the hospital. I turn to the window when I see that it is raining heavily. I think the rain sympathizes with my feelings. Unti-unting nag process ngayon ang utak ko. Unti-unti kong nare-realize na ngayong gising na ako, marami ng magbabago. Ito ang sumusuot sa kokote ko.

I turn my gaze to the door when someone opens it and walks inside. Her eyebrows raise as she sees me sitting on my bed. Nagkatinginan kami.

"Oh, you're awake," she says, and she puts the paper bag on the side table.

"What's that for?" she inhales and looks at me like she's tired of talking.

"I'll give you five minutes to prepare. You have to be fast because I don't want you to regret that you didn't avail yourself to say goodbye to your friend."

"How many hours did I sleep?"

"Hours? You slept for two days." napatigil ako at kinunutan lang siya ng noo.

"How's that possible?" I ask.

"Ask yourself." sabi niya at walang pahintulot na naglakad palabas ng kwarto. Hindi na ako nag abala pa na sigawan siya para pigilan at para magtanong kung ano at saan kami pupunta. I look at the paper bag and pull out the thing on my arm. Umalis ako sa kama, tumayo at tinanggal ang mga suot ko. I grab the paper bag and throw the contents of the bag on the bed. I see clothes and underwear, and I start to move and wear those.

I open the door and turn my gaze to the woman who's sitting in front of the door of my room, busy scrolling on her phone. She lowers her gaze on my foot and looks up to see me. She puts her cellphone inside her jacket pocket and stands up.

"Let's go," she says.

She starts walking while I'm following behind her. I remain silent. I keep my mouth shut. I remain lost. I don't want to open my mouth to talk to her. I don't want to ask her to confirm my thoughts. I don't want to be answered by her.

She presses the elevator, and she looks at me, but I didn't pay attention to her. I stare at the button on the elevator. She just looks at me. The elevator opens, and she goes first, and I follow her. I can hear her breaths; she sighs.

I try harder not to pay attention to her, but in this situation, I pray for the elevator to move down faster. She's making me uncomfortable. Literal na napa thank you, Lord ako nang sa wakas makababa na kami sa ground floor. Nauna siyang lumabas ng elevator habang nakasunod pa 'rin ako sa likod niya.

She takes something from the pocket of her jacket. She extends her arm and presses the key of her car, but we didn't hear anything. She stops walking and looks at me again.

"I forgot where I parked my car," she pouts. I exhale. I take the key from her hand.

"Hey." she says. Hindi ko siya pinansin at naglakad lang ako ng diretso habang pinipindot ng paulit-ulit ang susi ng kotse niya pero nakapunta na kami sa dulo ng parking lot nang hindi pa 'rin tumutunog ang kotse niya.

"Oh, my bad. I didn't park my car here. It's in front of the hospital." napabuntong hininga ako sa sinabi niya. Tumawa lang siya pero I can't laugh like she's doing. Muli akong naglakad at nilagpasan siya.

"Wait!" she shout, pero hindi ko siya nilingon hanggang sa makarating ako ng elevator.

"Tsk." aniya at siya na mismo nagpindot sa elevator paakyat ng first floor.