0. Second chance

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu gomu no": the skill's name

'Idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

Monkey D. Luffy, the second pirate king and the freest man in four Blues, he was always known to be wearing a smile on his face. But there was still time when he put down that mask and showed his weakest side but only to himself. The first time was when his older brother, Portgas D. Ace the commander of the Second division of Whitebeard pirate, died in the War of the Best. The second time was when he became the second pirate king, in order to help Luffy reached his dream, all his nakamas had sacrified and died in the Last battle in Laugh Tale. Including his brother, Sabo Second Chief of Staff of the Revolution, in the hand of the Fleet Admiral Akainu, also the one that killed Ace. And now he was standing on the cliff and looked at the manisficient view in front of his eyes, the view of the beautiful blue sky and endless sea. He still remebered that day, the day he got a second chance to change his life.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

- Laugh Tale -

"Minna, It has been 3 years already. I missed you guys so much. I'm sorry, I've failed you again. I-I'm sorry"

Luffy stood in front of the 10 graves of his Nakamas and brother, each grave had something to represent its owner. On Zoro's stood three swords, Nami's had her clima-tact, Usopp's had his black slingshot, Sanji's had his set of knifes and his raid suit from his family, Chopper's had his hat and the backpage filled with all his medical supplies, Robin's had some of her books from the library on the Sunny, Franky's had his big blue gauntlett, Brook's had his soul king hat and his cane, jinbei's had Sunny's wheel and Sabo's had his top hat, a pipe and a red cup of sake. Behind the graves was half destroyed Thousand Sunny still near the shore of Laugh Tale.

After the War, the only survivals beside Luffy were Mihawk, Law and Marco. They decided to stay on the island and built a temporary house to live in, after a few weeks Marco and Mihawk decided to go out gathering informations. Since the day they finished all the graves of the Strawhats pirate and the others, Luffy always stayed there and cried his eyes out until Law found him after he visited his crew's graves.

Marco (in his case was brother-in-law), Luffy and Law had treated each other like brothers since then, while Mihawk was their uncle. They took turn in taking care of the youngest, sometimes with Luffy's nightmare, sometimes with his break down. Luffy then stopped sleeping because of the haunting nightmare he always get whenever Luffy closed his eyes. All his nakamas' lifeless body lied on their blood lake, and the weight came from Sabo's lifeless body behind him.

"Hello, young pirate king"

A familiar presence appeared behind him with a sad smile.

"Roger! What the meaning to have that title if I lost all of my nakamas"

That presence now knew as Roger, the former pirate king, began to come and have a sit next to Luffy. When they set foot on the island, the spirit or you could said that the will of Roger had come out and greeted them, he also claimed that Luffy was his descedent, the next pirate king. Even though Roger was dead, but his will was still being locked up in Laugh Tale, he could also act like a ghost or touch everything that was on the island.

From time to time, he came to visit them at their house. Roger also revealed a lot of shocking secrets such as, Rayleigh and him were married, and yes Ace was their son but for his safety, they had to give him to Rouge and Garp, two of their bestfriends. But today was different, today Roger had some news that could change their life from now on.