5. A free soul

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Florian Triangle-

"...Yohohoho~~
Binkusu no sake wo... " 

A voice was heard from far away. It was singing the song which was very well known by a lot of Pirates, Bink's Sake. That voice belonged to a living skeleton who was standing on a ghost ship. His name was Brook. He was once a member of the Rumbar Pirates but they all died after a fight. He was supposed to go with his crew, but a devil fruit he had eaten before that allowed him to live again. At first he didn't know the ability of the Yomi Yomi no mi, but now, thanked to the fruit, he was still alive. And now he needed to find a way to get out of this dangerous sea as soon as possible. 

It was easy to say, he had been here for 40 years already. He always trained himself and sang a song or two to pass the time. Brook had tried to take his shadow back so many times but still ended up losing. If only he could get stronger, or at least someone with strong power was here to rescue him. But it was just a merely impossible dream, no one dared to go through this sea. The Florain Triangle had a rumour that every ship that came to this sea would be never seen again. Speaking of a devil, Brook suddenly heard a movement in the sea. He quickly went to take a look and saw a young Sea King rising from the sea. 

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?!"

That was something interesting to see. In all his time here, he never saw a Sea King approve this sea, so what made this one different? He took a closer look at the creature. To his surprise, the creature opened its mouth for someone to climb out. If he saw it correctly, the creature was carrying four children, a polar bear and an adult on his head. It probably was controlled by the only adult in the group, Brook guessed. Then they came closer to his direction, and a child who was the youngest in the group looked up at his ship and shouted. 

"Oi! Brook! Are you on there? We came to get you." 

Wait, did he hear them right? They came here for him? But he didn't know those people. The kid seemed to know him though. Had he met the kid somewhere? No he didn't think so, he hadn't left this sea for 40 years, and the kid looked like he was 7 years old. There was no way they had met before. But then, two of the kids decided to come up here. Now he could see them clearer. A younger one had a scar under his left eye, and a straw hat on his head. While the older kid had a long sword and wore a fluffy white hat with black dots like a mushroom.

Maybe Brook could ask the older person to help. Wait, what was he thinking?! They were kids, they couldn't fight. But the older kid seemed to have experience of using swords. No, he needed to stop thinking like that, it wasn't right to risk a child's life just for him to get his shadow back. Anyways, he decided to just ask about their purpose for coming here.

"Hi, kids! What are you doing here? This sea is too dangerous for someone like you two." 

The two looked confused at his question, they didn't seem to be afraid of a talking skeleton. The younger then spoke up. 

"Didn't we already say it? We are here for you" 

"And why are you here for me?" asked Brook curiously.