20. Set Sail

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

"Is there anything you haven't prepared?" Makino asked while holding a hat.

"Nah, everything is set and I'm ready to go" Luffy smiled at her.

The young boy was putting his black coat on his shoulder, and a black sword on his waist. Luffy then held a small bag behind him, walked toward Makino to take the hat and put it on his head. The young captain looks just like the time before he beat Kaido. Makino looked at Luffy with a smile on his face and teary eyes.

"You look so handsome, Luffy. I'm sure your brothers are waiting for you out there", Makino said.

It had been 10 years since the events at the Gray Terminal happened. The brothers' lives didn't change much, besides they had been more protective of Luffy, even though he was the youngest and also the strongest among them, after they had seen his vulnerable side. Then, when Law turned 17, the Heart Pirates were ready to set sail. Toga and Corazon also tagged along with them.

The troubled trio were shocked when they saw Law's name in the newspaper. It read the 'Surgeon of Death', Trafalgar Law, a.k.a the Captain of the Heart Pirates with the bounty of 440,000,000 berries was the youngest Warlord at the age of 19. Garp was so happy that he had to find an excuse, so he could go to Dawn island and celebrate it with everyone. It was the same case when they received the news about Ace and Sabo.

Those two decided to set sail together and tell the world that they were twins, so they took off on Ace's 17th birthday. On their journey, Sabo and Ace had visited Shanks in one of his territories, and had a party. The red hair then told them about Whitebeard, which made Ace eager to meet the giant. But the thing was that Sabo didn't expect Ace to start a fight with one of their men, which was obviously Jinbei, and he lost.

Whitebeard then brought the twins and their crew on board. He also offered them to be his children, which Ace was reluctant at first. Later on, Luffy received a news about the older twin of 'Fire Claw' Sabo, 'Fire Fist' Ace a.k.a Captain of the Spade Pirates, and his crew had joined the Whitebeard Pirate as their Second Commander.

"Luffy! Your ship is ready."

"Thank you! I've to go now, Makino", Luffy said.

Then the two of them walked toward the shore where the village people had been gathered around, waiting for Luffy. The straw hat boy slowly settled on the ship, and checked everything. Suddenly, a creature rose up from the sea, causing the people to be afraid. It looked at Luffy with its red doe eyes and spoke up

<Be careful, Luffy! The sea is a dangerous place>

"I know Isora, but I want to follow my dream, so I must go. Look after everyone for me, OK?" Luffy said while looking back at the Sea King.

<Of course, I will. Take care, young king> Then the Sea King went back to his place

"Everyone waits for me" Luffy said, looking at the sea.

He then raised the sail and let the wind guide his ship to where he was supposed to go. A lot of people said their farewell to him, which he quickly paid back with a few waves from both of his hands. The shadow of the island quickly faded away, only leaving him with the endless sea. Luffy quickly felt bored, so he decided to empty all of his food barrels. Suddenly the young captain felt something dangerous. He immediately remembered about the whirlpool ahead. He then hid in one of the barrels like last time, and quickly fell asleep.