44. Straw Hat meets Revolutionary

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

They had been trying to reach Going Merry as fast as they could be ever since they left Zoro to face Tashigi alone. However, Luffy suddenly slowed down his speed, then stopped. Sanji soon also followed his captain's action, even though the cook didn't know his reason.

"Luffy?" Sanji asked, looking at the captain.

"Go ahead, Sanji! Tell Nami and Usopp to get ready to set sail", Luffy said.

As soon as Sanji turned back to head toward their ship, he immediately caught the sight of the Marine captain standing right in front of them. Now he knew the reason.

"Another one?!" Sanji exclaimed as Luffy just gave him a nod.

Sanji then gave out a tired sigh, then started to speed up again, quickly went past the Marine captain. Both of them still stood silently, not a single word was exchanged between them, not even when Sanji's sight was no longer there. The only sound around them was the sound of the heavy rain that was still pouring down from the sky.

"Straw Hat Luffy, a pirate captain with a bounty of 45 million berries. I'm afraid I can't let you go that easy". Smoker decided to speak up

"I don't think so". Luffy smirked.

'Ne, isn't that Smokey?!' Loki's voice suddenly echoed inside his mind.

'Yes, he is. So?' Luffy replied.

'Luffy, let me fight! Please let me fight!' Loki begged. Somehow, Luffy could imagine the powerful god with a puppy's eyes.

Actually, letting Loki fight wasn't a bad idea, since Loki already knew Smoker was a future ally, perhaps he would go easy on the Marine captain. Plus, he wasn't in a mood to fight at the moment. Therefore, Luffy agreed to swap places with Loki, with a few conditions. Firstly, he mustn't kill or disable Smoker. Secondly, he mustn't use Advanced Haki, Kokushiki or even the Gears, except for the Second Gear, to fight. Lastly, made sure to enjoy the fight and made their dad, who was watching them right now, impressed. Loki pouted after the first two conditions, but it soon turned into a grin when Luffy said the last one, Loki would surely enjoy this fight.

Smoker was watching Luffy's every single movement in silent, waiting for the pirate captain to make his first move. However, when Luffy closed his eyes, Smoker was shocked to see Luffy's hair and clothes change into white. Not just that, but his eyes' color had also changed from pit black to shining gold.

'So his devil fruit is a Zoan type?!' Smoker thought.

"Finally, it's my turn. Let's enjoy this fight, shall we?" Loki said while still smiling widely.

Tired of waiting, Smoker suddenly lunged toward Loki at a great speed. Making the white-haired surprised and almost get caught with the full-blown, as he had quickly jumped back right before Smoker destroyed the wall behind him. However, Loki was grinning excitedly as he was trying to dodge all the rain attacks that were delivered to him, none stopped. Even though Smoker was so much faster and stronger than those weaklings in East Blue, it still wasn't enough to stop Loki, but Loki enjoyed this fight either way.

But once Smoker launched both his Logia arms in order to catch Loki, the white-haired man quickly shrunk his body down to the size of a mouse, then hid away. Making Smoker furious while looking around to search for his opponent impatiently. Suddenly, he felt someone was holding one of his legs, so he looked down just to see a tiny Loki smiling at him devilously before he lifted Smoker's leg up and started to smash him around the concrete floor like he was somekind of a toy.