36. Bonding time (3)

"Luffy": talk

"Sabo": whisper

"ACE": shout

"Gomu Gomu no": the skill's name

'idiot': thinking

<Joyboy>: voice of all things

-Into the story-

After Sanji had finished all the pastries and drinks, the chef then went back to the room. Sanji was glad to see them all smiling and laughing with each other, it seemed that the gloomy atmosphere had gone, and Nami also went back to her usual self. He wondered if he should continue with his decision, because he was scared it would break the atmosphere again. Sanji then gave each of them their drinks, and placed the basket of pastries on the table.

"It seems that everything is back to normal, and the sad atmosphere is also gone. How about we continue with my story?" Sanji said after he took a seat next to Usopp.

"Is it the story where you were almost starved along with owner Zeff?" Usopp took a guess, but Sanji shook his head.

"No, not that one. It was a story before I met Zeff, and trust me, it was really depressing". Sanji smiled nervously.

This got the crew to tense up, prepare for what would happen to Sanji during his story telling, especially Luffy, who was trying to hide his expression. The captain knew what Sanji was about to tell them, and he clearly didn't like that story at all. Then, out of nowhere, Luffy had quite a sinister idea. Maybe after Sanji finished his story, the captain might have to make a quick call to one of his brothers.

"OK, here goes nothing. So do any of you know anything about Germa 66?" Sanji began.

The room was quite silent at Sanji's question, while the crew looked at each other confusedly. The chef quickly knew his mistake, since they were all from East Blue, of course they didn't know about a kingdom that was from North Blue.

"I know that kingdom" Luffy said, breaking the silence.

This got Sanji surprised, but he decided to let Luffy elaborate.

"Three of my brothers are from North Blue, so they once told me about a kingdom name Germa 66. The kingdom is believed to be unbeaten, because they have the most loyal soldiers, and the most advanced weapons. The kingdom was ruled by the king, Vinsmoke Judge, along with his children, but one of his children, the third prince, was announced to be dead." Luffy said cheerfully, trying to hide his anger at the said kingdom.

"Bingo, that's correct" Sanji said

"But Sanji, why did you ask us that question? Are you somehow related to that kingdom?" Nami asked curiously.

"Even though, I hate to admit it, I'm still one of them. My full name is Vinsmoke Sanji, I'm the third prince of Germa 66, surprised?", Sanji said sadly.

"Wait.... Wait a minute!...... ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M DATING A FUCKING PRINCE!" Usopp yelled, not believing the information he had just received.

Everyone was shocked as Sanji revealed his identity, except for the captain. However, they were wondering why Sanji hated his family, and why would that kingdom say the third prince was dead, even though he was obviously sitting in front of them? They were eager to know more, but the crew decided to let Sanji answer those questions. As for the prince, he was feeling quite awkward and embarrassed with all the staring from his crewmates, and the previous yelling from Usopp.

"OK, everyone! Settled down, and let the cook elaborate his story" Zoro came to rescue Sanji, which Sanji only gave him a nod as his thanks to Zoro.

"Germa 66 has 4 princes, including me, and the oldest princess. People all knew about powerful soldiers and their technological weapon, how strong the princes and princess are, and that is also what their king had always wanted. However, it isn't the full truth. Judge is a mad scientist, and he's obsessed with power. Because of that, he decided to turn his kids into emotionless machines that would always obey him." Sanji said.